Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Villainous Action Figures  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: November 27, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »
Looks like Dracula, Carmilla, and Godbrand are getting some Diamond Select action figures.

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-castlevania-action-figure-line-villains/

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 10:45:53 PM »
Meh...
I'm not digging it.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 11:26:42 PM »
The quality of these figures is the most villainous aspect of all.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 04:16:02 AM »
+1
Who wants a Godbrand figure anyway?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 08:44:04 AM »
+1

godbrand

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 09:15:27 AM »

godbrand

Haha. Had to downgrade his name  ;D

Yeah I'm not really digging those figures myself. If they're meant to actually be played with like real toy action figures then that's about as good as they'll get.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 06:23:14 AM »
I don’t think adult collectors literally “play” with their figures like they did when they were children; rather, they display them in static poses on their shelf. The articulation looks sort of limited too. The only one that I think is worth getting is Dracula, although his face is very generic & doesn’t look that intimidating.

Also these are prototypes, so who knows how the final retail product will look.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 09:26:51 AM »
I don’t think adult collectors literally “play” with their figures like they did when they were children; rather, they display them in static poses on their shelf.

That's kinda what I mean. If they're meant to be collector figures then the details should be a steps higher then what we see, and the articulations far less noticeable (if non-existent). These 'prototypes' look more like expensiveness kids toys rather then something a collector would buy. Though collectors do buy many cheap things too as it is about what they want to collect.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 09:50:06 AM »
Warren Ellis.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 01:16:11 PM »
I kinda like 'em in an early '90s Batman: The Animated Series action figure way.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything