Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Which of these CV dudes (or girls) rock the best looking gear?  (Read 25540 times)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Im giving props to my man Nathan Graves... I'd sport something like that in those times, you know running through castles and all, making my long shawl blow weightlessly behind me. And those Greaves.... ;D
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Which of these CV dudes (or girls) rock the best looking gear?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »
+1
Nathan Graves does have an awesome look to him. I also like Sonia's design as well as her unused designs from the cancelled Dreamcast CV game. But I find my personal favorite is Simon's look from CV II.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
I'm most certain u mean Simons box art, as can't imagine u mean his sprite! :P I find this to be his most impressive look too, aside from his Judgement design which completely ruined my depiction of him. (Canon or not!)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29:36 PM »
I couldn't pick, since come to think of it I love almost all the protagonist designs in the series. Might be easier for people if you break it up into two or three categories though like:

1. Barbarian styled protagonists -Trevor, Simon etc.
2. Ayami styled protagonists - post-CV3 Alucard, Leon etc.
3. More general anime styled protagonists. - Rondo Richter, Sonia etc.

I will say that my favorite version of Simon is from the cover of CV1, followed closely by his sprite in that game. Because it's just so badass, and that's the first version I remember. Trevor's CV3 sprite is better than either of Simon's NES sprites, but why some people aren't happy with Simon's CV1 design I'll never understand.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:34:30 PM by Ratty »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:29:54 PM »
I couldn't pick, since come to think of it I love almost all the protagonist designs in the series. Might be easier for people if you break it up into two or three categories though like:

1. Barbarian styled protagonists -Trevor, Simon etc.
2. Ayami styled protagonists - post-CV3 Alucard, Leon etc.
3. More general anime styled protagonists. - Rondo Richter, Sonia etc.

I will say that my favorite version of Simon is from the cover of CV1, followed closely by his sprite in that game. Because it's just so badass, and that's the first version I remember. Trevor's CV3 sprite is better than either of Simon's NES sprites, but why some people aren't happy with Simon's CV1 design I'll never understand.
Totally feeling the break down, however the choices aren't limited to only protagonists. Dracula in PoR has hands down the best cape ... I would definitely say Leon has the best jacket, might be a little stiff cuz of how he stands so straight ... I think having one would look nice among some of the other outfits I have.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:31:58 PM by son_the_vampire »
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 06:08:27 PM »
Oh, this is tough.  I tend to single out parts of designs that I really like rather than whole designs.

LoI has some of my favorite designs in the series.  The angles and colors of Leon's clothes are pretty awesome:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080227212604/castlevania/images/5/50/LeonB.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080227214730/castlevania/images/6/6a/Leon_Knight.jpg
and Walter has that bat-wing breast plate that is so very fitting: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080227230214/castlevania/images/7/70/Cloi-walter-bernhard1.jpg
and I'm fond of Joachim's color scheme. Dat purple: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080227230615/castlevania/images/3/31/Joachim_armster.jpg

This is my favorite Dracula design, I think: http://images.wikia.com/castlevania/images/3/37/Cod_1024i.jpg
And I really like this human Carmilla art from the LoS canon: http://images.wikia.com/castlevania/images/4/47/LordCarmilla.jpg
Also really like Albus: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081026053131/castlevania/images/2/24/Albus.jpg
and DoS/HD Yoko: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101202212219/castlevania/images/2/29/Yoko_CHD_Artwork.PNG
and Arikado, particularly in the DoS Kojima art where he's got a coat over his suit: http://images.wikia.com/castlevania/images/7/73/AoS_DoS_OST_Poster_Arikado.JPG

If I had to pick one over all the others I think I'd pick Genya Arikado.. I've got a thing for classy suits.

Tbh, I don't much like the old barbarian art, but that's less because the characters are ripped and more because they're all either wearing shorts or nothing even remotely resembling pants at all, and I don't really like that.  Cover up a little more, please. >_>
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:10:39 PM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 12:52:38 AM »
I believe I already said this a while ago but I'm not sure...
Juste Belmont is the most beautiful Castlevania character. I wouldn't mind a night with him. He seems the romantic type, who lights a candle and presents you a blue rose (a type only exists in my mind so far).
That's a keeper.

For a one night stand, I think I wouldn't object a handsome mature man like Julius, or a wild encounter with Hector, or Trevor from the new canon.

Alucard seems like a man with whom I'd try some other stuff. He sure is romantic, but also cold and sad. I would read poetry with him, by the fire, while we watch snow fall through the window. Dreaming, always dreaming...

And last, but not least, I'm curious about trying a girl like Carmilla, or an intellectual like Charlotte.
Of course these are all fantasies...
But what would life be without them?
No matter what... the show must go on.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 02:14:14 AM »
I believe I already said this a while ago but I'm not sure...
Juste Belmont is the most beautiful Castlevania character. I wouldn't mind a night with him. He seems the romantic type, who lights a candle and presents you a blue rose (a type only exists in my mind so far).
That's a keeper.

For a one night stand, I think I wouldn't object a handsome mature man like Julius, or a wild encounter with Hector, or Trevor from the new canon.

Alucard seems like a man with whom I'd try some other stuff. He sure is romantic, but also cold and sad. I would read poetry with him, by the fire, while we watch snow fall through the window. Dreaming, always dreaming...

And last, but not least, I'm curious about trying a girl like Carmilla, or an intellectual like Charlotte.
Of course these are all fantasies...
But what would life be without them?
No matter what... the show must go on.

Awww.... Pfil... you just fired up the fanfiction-loving side of me. sigh....

Back to the topic, I am always fond of the Ayami-style protagonists especially Alucard/Arikado.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 08:44:49 AM »
Juste, Charlotte, Richter, Julius, John and Jonathan. Also I like Eric "detective clothes" from PoR and his look from Judgement. I like almost all designs equal to say the truth so its difficult to choose.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 06:02:38 PM »
Hmm an opportunity for a certain poster to express die-hard fanaticism to a certain Castlevania game yet s/he doesn't take the opportunity? I smell a rat!!
So as I'm not trolling however, my 2 cents on best duds is Julius from AoS or Alucard from SotN. Although blue IS my favorite color, I can't say Richter's outfit was fancy. It looked basic and functional.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 12:57:51 AM »
If you want blue you have Charlotte!
That's definitively the cutest outfit from Castlevania (to my taste).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
to be honest if i were gonna say which female character had the best clothing SotN Maria takes the cake... she's not just visiting for Drac to have a drink, she looks like she's ready to kill everything in her path, including all the random Cthulus and pathetic Skull Lords in her way 8)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
Yes, SotN's Maria sure is another nice and sexy outfit!

Offline Hiryu

• Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »
Simon in Castlevania Judgement.

haha alright, Simon in Chronicles.  The red hair and the black gear was a nice refresher and kinda like the epitome of the gothic Belmont.  But I wouldn't argue with the succubus design in SotN either  8)

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 08:03:47 PM »
+3
haha alright, Simon in Chronicles.  The red hair and the black gear was a nice refresher and kinda like the epitome of the gothic Belmont. 
I just can't take that outfit seriously.  I don't look at his Chronicles gear and see "gothic."  When I look at it, all I can see is "80s glam rock."

Rock on, Simon Belmont.  Rock on. 

Tags: