Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820950 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed- Castlevania: Mirror of Faith(fate?)
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »
See, was that so hard?

And I'm not Crisis, unless you were just quoting me and giving a shout-out to him. Which makes no sense. o_O

Edit: Then you cut out your actually halfway-decent explanation. Why shoot yourself in the foot?

I simplified it. Lol
I did shout out to him because i noticed his post and wanted to add it to what I was saying ..Lol

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
Is this thread going to be a constant bitchfest for the next two weeks? :(

Yes, and you'll learn to love it.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
My main point was...

People flipping out that mercurysteam is involved yet we haven't even seen the game yet is childish. wait and see before you judge so blindly.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2012, 11:52:33 AM »
+1
Wow I turn around and Whoa 9 pages?
As long as you guys keep it civil, it should be no problem.

BTW, wasn't "The DraculaX Chronicles" a 3D sidescroller?  I gather that it will be like that, only with some more exploration.
I don't see the problem.  Then again, that's only my assumption of what it might be like.  We will see when E3 rolls about, I suppose.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »
Wow I turn around and Whoa 9 pages?
As long as you guys keep it civil, it should be no problem.

BTW, wasn't "The DraculaX Chronicles" a 3D sidescroller?  I gather that it will be like that, only with some more exploration.
I don't see the problem.  Then again, that's only my assumption of what it might be like.  We will see when E3 rolls about, I suppose.
Yeah it will probably be like that maybe with improved combat and movement.

It's worth noting people that wayforward has been working with key konami franchises, maybe they will be developing this?

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »

How long have you posted here? Don't you know the trend by now? New game comes out = pissing and moaning.

Jorge, I thought DXC constituted 2.5D gameplay with 3D cutscenes.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »
+1

Perhaps, but for some reason this seems to be kind of fun at some points. Till it get's tiresome(again).
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2012, 11:55:40 AM »
How long have you posted here? Don't you know the trend by now? New game comes out = pissing and moaning.

Jorge, I thought DXC constituted 2.5D gameplay with 3D cutscenes.
I think he just means the characters and environments are 3d polygons.
It's a 3d game but in a sidescrolling world...

2.5d is the correct term for it though.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »

That's the plan, nothing you can do but sit back and watch until we get screens or footage.

Then we'll debate and argue like it's 2009 all over again baby, woooooooo!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »
+1
Well there have been no specifics other than "3D" (which implies that it's a textures and polygons games) game with Metroidvania elements (meaning mapping).
Soooooo I'm thinking it'll look like Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl's Adventure Mode, or The DraculaX Chronicles.
Or like Kirby & the Crystal Shards.
Or like Lost in Shadow.

I'm totally fine with this.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »
+1
If Wayforward did the game like they did Bloodrayne: Betrayal, then I'd be completely onboard. (especially if Jake Kaufman was doing the music)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:27 AM »
Not very long, I came here around the time when LoS was revealed to be a Castlevania game.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
Wow, this sucks.
2D Castlevania, we knew thee well. May you rest in peace.
Ha-ha-ha...
So much delicious rage and butthurt (from both sides). Let's add some fuel, shall we?

I donno, dude. I thought someone got one of their children to get the twist that Belmont = Dracula. It's so childish of a plot idea, and seems like something fitting for fan fiction. But perhaps it's because two of the writers do comic books, and maybe awful plots is a norm there.
Not more childish, than Dracula being reincarnated as some japanese dude...and his castle being sealed into solar eclipse by shinto priests...

CastleDan, you're coming off as an obnoxious little kid "nyah nyah cox games are better than your dumb iga games nyah nyah"
You're coming as obnoxious LOS-hater, who lashes on anyone who dare to vehemently protect something that you don't agree with. As an always.

OK, now on the topic itself: while I am not 3DS owner, I will eagerly wait what this game will have in store. And, if rumors are true, we finally will have a semblance of the coherent storytelling in the series, art that IGA couldn't decently master through all his years of being series producer.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
I still dont understand how people DONT see the Castlevania in LoS. They are just blinded by their hatred of it.

on Cox lying: well, to be fair, he said there would be no QTE's, and there were.

also, the trailers used clever editing to make it seem like we would fight Dracula at the end. And instead, it turned out to be Satan, and we instead had the Belmont BECOME Dracula.

I'm sure that's what bothers more people, and what causes most of the fan rage. That the Belmonts were linked to the Draculas.

(even though Legends did it first)

personally, I can totally see the SC IV in LoS. The atmosphere in certain sections is definitely SC IV ish.

people also complain about the daytime areas, even though Daytime stages are nothing new to castlevania.

I just dont get it. people are entitled to their opinions, however bad taste they may be to me, but there is absolutely no reason to start a war in this topic. AT ALL. We know next to nothing about the game, and already we are complaining about who's making it. Which by the way, we dont know either. Cox is Konami, not MS. Granted it wouldnt surprise me if it was MS, and they seem most likely here, we still dont quite know that. Especially for the 3DS game here. Wayforward is definitely a valid guess.

also, another 2D 3DS game: Mighty Switchforce.

Is this thread going to be a constant bitchfest for the next two weeks?

yep.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »
Ha-ha-ha...
So much delicious rage and butthurt (from both sides). Let's add some fuel, shall we?
Not more childish, than Dracula being reincarnated as some japanese dude...and his castle being sealed into solar eclipse by shinto priests...
You're coming as obnoxious LOS-hater, who lashes on anyone who dare to vehemently protect something that you don't agree with. As an always.

OK, now on the topic itself: while I am not 3DS owner, I will eagerly wait what this game will have in store. And, if rumors are true, we finally will have a semblance of the coherent storytelling in the series, art that IGA couldn't decently master through all his years of being series producer.

Thanks for the support, there's definitely a bias with some posters. They are fine with some IGA stupidity but not with some David Cox stupidity.
I already said i really liked Aria of sorrow for the most part but I agree with all the points you made.

All I was asking is for people to be fair about this, in the past few years castlevania in general has been getting more and more ridiculous. At least with this re-imagining we can get back to some basics .

Tags: .....?