Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821329 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #210 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:38 PM »
+1
MercurySteam:
Just color what that youtube video's sketches are doing, design some cool 2D stages and bosses and have a collaboration set of musicians including Araujo (for environmental/ambiance music), Yamane (battle/stage themes), and Koshiro (for anything else) for your audio.

Then sit back and take our money.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3ds )
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »
wWell, isn't the title almost confirmed for the 3DS? I was just saying the game wouldn't probably look that beautiful on the 3DS. Rayman Origins is an example of game not looking as good as the other versions.

I'd say rayman is pretty faithful across the board. The vita version in particular looks beautiful as can be.

Offline Rictrunks

• ----
  • Hunter in Training
  • ----
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
MercurySteam's David Coxx recently changed his Twitter profile image to the following piece of art.

http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2012_5/Wolf.jpg

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
MercurySteam's David Coxx recently changed his Twitter profile image to the following piece of art.

http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2012_5/Wolf.jpg

The one thing that gives me hope of playing as a half vampire.
Unless it just signifies one of dracula's transformations...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
The one thing that gives me hope of playing as a half vampire.
Unless it just signifies one of dracula's transformations...
The rumors are saying it's part of a larger poster, and the wolf is Alucard stalking a pale red eyed Gabriel/Dracula.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2012, 12:57:33 PM »
to specify on the environments in lords, they were more ancient and mystic. a dusk forest with dead trees wouldn't hurt. even a normal forest in the night, dark and vibrant colors contrasting. web in trees, no goblins.
Yes, LoS had that more "ancient" Feel to it. Dark, creepy, spooky, maybe even more gothic themes would be nice. More night. I know people say, "But some earlier castlevanias had day stages", but to tell you the truth, even back then, I can honestly say was wasn't a fan of THOSE either, so it's not LoS bias. I dislike mostly ALL the daytime areas in ALL CV games. I think the night stages benefit the series far more than the say stages. Dark night, cloudy or clear, full moon looming in the sky, rain or wind, stars or not, sound of bats, wolves and night insects from all around. I love that.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2012, 12:58:20 PM »
The rumors are saying it's part of a larger poster, and the wolf is Alucard stalking a pale red eyed Gabriel/Dracula.

which would make you think you are playing as Alucard....BUT....Alucard using a whip?...hrm..

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
Adrian Belmont, amirite?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2012, 01:01:08 PM »
which would make you think you are playing as Alucard....BUT....Alucard using a whip?...hrm..
It could be a whip like weapon.

Maybe Trevor is also on the poster.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »
It could be a whip like weapon.

Maybe Trevor is also on the poster.
The only thing i hate about these belmont focused games is the lack of equipment.
I'd be cool with it if it had a portrait of ruin approach. Let you get whips, swords, equipment.

I like options!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
Or maybe Grant DaNasty?

We can always wonder. Grant lends himself well to some spastic combat.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
The only thing i hate about these belmont focused games is the lack of equipment.
I'd be cool with it if it had a portrait of ruin approach. Let you get whips, swords, equipment.

I like options!
Well the Combat Cross was destroyed. There might not even be a whip anymore.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2012, 01:06:52 PM »
Well the Combat Cross was destroyed. There might not even be a whip anymore.

yeah but i could have sworn the leaked info out there said something about the main character using a whip in the game. hrm...

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »
I remember MS saying a while back that they were working on two projects. I had a feeling that only one of them was Castlevania related, but in light of this news, maybe both of them really are?? Not to mention a portable title would finally get me to take the plunge on a 3DS, so that could be good...

Although LoS wasn't my ideal Castlevania game by any means, I still enjoyed playing it. Looking forward to E3 with very cautious optimism (despite it being Konami and all).

And I have to admit, I'm still really curious to see where they take this whole storyline.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2012, 01:13:49 PM »
All theses theories are cool. I wonder if Gabriel had a son after becoming Dracula.

Tags: .....?