Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821063 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #990 on: May 24, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
I hope the game is difficult as fuck.

I'm down for this provided it's more than just enemies hitting way harder. And them taking roughly a billion whip lashes before dying.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #991 on: May 24, 2012, 12:11:30 AM »
+1
Well, in the new game Zobek will walk in and a fireball will hit him in the face and after a bit he'll reveal he's a skeleton. He'll then turn to the camera and wink.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #992 on: May 24, 2012, 12:56:51 AM »
Zobek asks help to Gabriel in the ending of LoS, but Gabriel asks him where he has been all this time. It certainely means Zobek wasn't an ally of Drac.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #993 on: May 24, 2012, 01:05:32 AM »
I noticed something weird...when I did a google search for "new castlevania image," (searching results within last 24 hours only) the bottom of the page said:

In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.

Not completely sure what this means. Could this possibly lend some weight to the claim that the images really were leaked and Konami had them pulled??

EDIT: Eh, nevermind. Here's what the top several lines say if you click on the complaint notice:

Notice Unavailable
DMCA (Copyright) Complaint to Google

Sent by: Microsoft
To: Google

The cease-and-desist or legal threat you requested is not yet available.

Chilling Effects will post the notice after we process it.

So if it was Microsoft and not Konami that filed the complaint, I guess this is irrelevant.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:13:51 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #994 on: May 24, 2012, 01:29:42 AM »
just for the hell of it I put this down

CastleVania-MirrorOfFate.net

Ehh. all I got was this a 403forbidden

and

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at www.alex-shepherd.com Port 80

worth a try at least right?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #995 on: May 24, 2012, 02:49:42 AM »
Wow, 67 pages just for a rumor? impressive.I've chose  a good time to return to the dungeon  ;D
Anyway, my hopes are for a game fitted on the old timeline, i don't bother if it's IGA or Cox in charge.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #996 on: May 24, 2012, 03:02:42 AM »
They're redirecting anything on the CastleVania-MirrorOfFate.net domain (194.6.194.67) through to alex-shepherd.com (78.46.2.147)

The initial HTTP hit is a 302 (Found) and the alex-shepherd.com reports the 403 Forbidden.

The CastleVania-MirrorOfFate.net domain was registered on 20 Feb 2012, and interestingly it was registered via Konami Europe headquarters in Frankfurt (and good old Christian Pfeffer, who I remembered e-mailed me at the end of the online Gradius V competition) as opposed to being registered by someone in Japan.

Bizarrely, SSL (port 443 as opposed to HTTP 80) https://CastleVania-MirrorOfFate.net redirects to one http://www.konami-pes2013.com/
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:11:17 AM by The Silverlord »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #997 on: May 24, 2012, 03:29:20 AM »
Alright, I'm going to try and ask IGA if he is going to E3 this year. If he's not going then it's probably Mercury Steam who is developing this game.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #998 on: May 24, 2012, 04:10:34 AM »
+1
Something here . . . Lords of Shadow 2 domain names redirect to the same www.alex-shepherd.com.  I think this inextricably ties Lords of Shadow 2 to Mirror of Fate in terms of each games' existence.  castlevania-lordsofshadow2.com was registered on the same day by Christian (20 Feb 2012).  It appears he was given a list of domain names and proceeded to register them all.

A search on Name Droppers (http://www.namedroppers.org) reveals the following 'CastleVania-' domain names:

castlevania-lordsofshadow.com (REDIRECT to http://www.konami-castlevania.com/)
castlevania-lordsofshadow.net (REDIRECT to http://www.konami-castlevania.com/)
konami-castlevania-lordsofshadow.com (403 alex-shepherd)
konami-castlevania-lordsofshadow.net (403 alex-shepherd)
castlevania-lordsofshadow2.com (403 alex-shepherd)
castlevania-lordsofshadow2.net (403 alex-shepherd)
konami-castlevania-lordsofshadow2.com (403 alex-shepherd)
konami-castlevania-lordsofshadow2.net (403 alex-shepherd)
castlevania-mirroroffate.com   (403 alex-shepherd)
castlevania-mirroroffate.net   (403 alex-shepherd)

HTTPS all to the PES2013 site.

Also showing up is:

castlevania-themovie.com [German, registered by one Mischa Waschke, but I don't think she's with or affiliated with KONAMI]

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #999 on: May 24, 2012, 05:37:37 AM »
According to games like HoD it seems like Death really cares about Dracula.

I am now imagining some picture of Dracula sitting somewhere with Death next to him blushing like an anime school girl.

Well, in the new game Zobek will walk in and a fireball will hit him in the face and after a bit he'll reveal he's a skeleton. He'll then turn to the camera and wink.

How can a skeleton wink?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:39:23 AM by Charlotte-nyo:3 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1000 on: May 24, 2012, 05:41:02 AM »
+1
Yeah they never really explain WHY Death is bound to some magical macguffin like the crimson stone, but most other CV games seem to count Death as Dracula's confidante and friend. His ONLY friend.

If I recall, it's more based around the concept of Japanese death Gods that the idea arose that he isnt the grim reaper, but just "a" Death God. Or just some powerful necromancer much like Zobek.
of course I dont think the games themselves ever really went there.

I actually find it interesting that they can be friends, given how their connection works. Im guessing that simply after so long a time of being together they simply bonded. But now, if someone else theoretically acquired the stone, would that mean Death would betray and abandon Dracula?

Castlevania-dirge of inebriation.avi
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1001 on: May 24, 2012, 05:43:01 AM »
How can a skeleton wink?  ;D
Maybe he has flaming balls that can shapeshift for expressions in his eye sockets? :-X
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1002 on: May 24, 2012, 06:07:37 AM »
If Konami already registered something with "lordsofshadow2" in it, does that mean that the game will be called that? I always thought that it would have a unique subtitle. I'm actually a liiiiittle disappointed here. What's next? LoS 3, 4, 5 and 6?

Well well. Time will tell.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1003 on: May 24, 2012, 06:12:36 AM »
I think all of those domains registered there link to this "alex shepherd" if no website has been made yet. Most likely that guy is the owner or something of that domain registering website.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Tags: .....?