Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 188974 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2013, 04:56:14 PM »
I am really your new level layouts Las! By the way, I never hear any sound with your vids. Did you record them with no sound always? (I prob asked this before, but I don't remember! lol)

You haven't mentioned much by the way of secrets it seems like a pretty straight conversion of CV3. What do you have in store for extra stuff?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2013, 05:55:46 PM »
no i cant' record sound or atleast havent figured it out yet. Alot of vista users apparently have this problem. I've messed around but no luck yet. So for now i'll record them with no sound. Maybe Reiko or someone else can make them with sound later. As for secrets...well i dont wanna get to indeth publically. Just eyecandy atm! :o

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2014, 09:00:38 PM »
Ok so i got a couple updates on bosses though they are somewhat premature.Here i introduce Wyvern and a wip Slogra courtesy of Retro Artist. While the Wyvern is mostly complete, Retro mentione he now has him flying at a certain point in a room... I will probalby also make a more dramatic death for him. The slogra is certainly getting their and may need a move or two more. Perhaps a sliding spear attack. But overall he's coming along very nicely!  And you know where slogra is gaibon can't be lurking too far behind!! Also sorry about the black room he fights in. It is do to the altering of the parrllex x,y coding used in that level. I haven't figured out yet how it correlates with the backgrounds so many are still blank. I have to consult with LC on this matter. But yeah...here's some neat progress! Enjoy!

Wyvern Boss fight:
Super Castlevania 3 Fan game Project Wyvern Boss Fight beta (courtesy of Retro Artist)

Slogra boss fight:
Super Castlevania 3 Fan game Project Slogra early beta(still wip incomplete)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2014, 05:51:14 AM »
That's cool man!

About your sound issue, did you ever think of just getting headphones that has a headset and recording sound that way? I use Logitech H555's and turn them up when they are plugged in and no one knows the difference...I have to be quiet while doing it though with the mic on so they don't pick up other stuff.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2014, 06:11:04 AM »
No i hadnt thought of that. Though  a while back on my old pc which had vista ulitimate i was able to use audacity on it to record at the same time a video was playign to get sound. It was the only way. Sadly i dont knwo what version i used and in all honesty it was a giant pain in the ass to get working. I used to use audacity to record 4 track songs before i got pro tools for pc. Yeah....wow what energy and time can be saved with technology! Yeah as for sound issues...Well Jop has offered to make some recordings of videos in his spare time. Maybe he can repost them here as well. I'll talk to him about it. THough keep in mind...some of the sound issues in the game still need to be worked out. The boss fights especially lack sound. It's just coding that needs to get tweaked for it too work. I still have to put in the wyvern soundds for that boss and other various areas.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
I never tried it, but one solution i read somewhere was to get a cable like this:

(click to show/hide)

and Connect audio OUT to mic IN with it. Then in the windows mixer, select the microphone as the record device. Then you can use software like audacity, acoustica, etc to record from microphone (or even your video capture program, provided it let you choose the audio source).

As i said, Don't know if this work.  :P

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2014, 05:15:02 PM »
I made this 2 videos, the first its the first stage and the second its the Clock Tower stage

Super Castlevania 3 Stage 1

Super Castlevania 3 Stage Clock Tower

Sorry about the speed, my laptop its not good so when i record and play the game this happen

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but when will we get more Alucard gameplay?

So far I have mostly been seeing Trevor and Grant.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
Actually I think it's Sypha who's been seldom seen the most in terms of fan works. We need to see how Sypha will function.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2014, 10:55:13 PM »
Well when he records other levels just ask him to put in sypha and alucard in some of them instead. Also hey Jop keep in mind in the options menu you will be able to switch between skins. I think trevor and alucard currently have 3 if i'm correct and sypha and grant have 2 each. Something like that. Just play through and test it before you record.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2014, 11:17:35 AM »
sypha actually plays really well. and well balanced. alucard sotn wil be unlockable. we have a reamke version of aucard tht doesnt use sotn alucard as base. in fact he is accurate to the nes version. looks really great. we will soon show footage of that as well. all levels within the game are complete. right now we are getting the last of the bosses coded in. also we are toying with 3d primitive lol. you all will see in due time. we are trying to wrap up in a timely fashion to give you all a true remake of cv3 with extras to go along with it. will be interesting. if you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:20:02 PM by reiko26 »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while. Back with an update on some stuff for the game that i've posted over at youtube:

SCV3 Ghosthip revamp:
Super Castlevania 3 Fangame New look Ghosthip+Monster Trio's

(here i how off a little bit with cv3 classic style alucard..he's not done yet but getting their. As for the ghoshtip were still adding tweaks to it..may fill in rooms 2 and 3 with some more bones/gold. I may use the scene from goonies somewhere with one eyed willie and the 2 platform gold weight thingy. We do plan on fixing up that background but only as an object that animtes wtih realistc moving water in teh background with a program called squirtz. We may add in some crashing wave effects aswell

SCV3 Monster Duo battle:
Super Castlevania 3 Fan game Monster Duo

Classic Slogra and Gaibon coming atcha!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:34:59 AM by Las »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »
Mm....more goodies?? i presume....

SCV3 Encountering Grant dialogue cutscene WIP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLQm1_VVYL0

SCV3 Encountering Sypha dialogue cutscene WIP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh4GCP6OhO4

SCV3 Encountering Alucard dialogue cutscene WIP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dx3IMeyf5o

These cutscenes are a just the tip of the iceberg. More will be added to it of course..to look and feel very similar to the original. We also do have the handshakes(exepct cv3 al) done aswell..i posted it in an older youtube vid some time back. More dialgoue throughout the game will be added as well as potential voice acting. We have several dialogues/cutscene intros for some bosses/players...difernt things will happen in the game you'll see..

Water reflection test 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1v0oxBuKkg

Water reflection test 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_GkLER0CY

Here are a couple of gm water refletion effects i've been toying with in game. Mostly because this game doesnt involve underwater levels like sotn or ds games i will probalby add in reflective water pretty much through out and dithc the old water. Anything that can enhance the realistic feel of the game. Water refelction 2 has some slow down issues..but is nice overall and also has been added to the rising water effect you see. I have splash effect too. Water reflection 1 overall is more realistic and was done by the snidr...though i still am not sure how to make backgrounds show up in the reflections otherwise..it'd be perfect. I'd like to morph that to the rising water somehow. Still both very nice effects.

Currently Retro is working on falling trees struck by lighting...lol..i'm sure it will look dandy..as we agreed to re-add the rain/storm effects back in level 1. We may add some hints of rubble,smoke..a little flames..but nothing to drastic..possibly some skeletons chared remains..and i'd like to add in that ashes effect from rondo. T'would be nice!! I'm pretty excited too cause i just found out how to add ambient sounds to the levels such as the clocktower gears sound to clocktwoer, waterfall for rooms with waterfalls..which i've now added to the source. We have some really nice effects we'll add in other levels..but for now my lips are sealed...i've said enough..or have i said enough... :o :o :o

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:42:12 AM by Las »

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »
Lol yeah i think you said a little too much. Just let them see when we do anpther video with sound. I'm happy with how our dialogues are coming along.skirtz program will work for a fore front water fx in front of boat. but we will need to try the other method for background. the game over all is very beautiful in nature. of course with all the time we have spent on ut. its killin thangs fasho. boss battles feel accurate to if not more beefed up than the nes version so that bosses can't be killed easy like nes version.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »
well i just think we need to do a little research on more special effects..the game itself will come along...adding the right touch means everything.

Tags: