Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 188986 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
Hey isso..long time no see...yeah thanks man! We are working hard at the game currently. I've just added in some animated backgrounds as objects lately. Which now i am ablet to rework some rooms in sunken city and mountain range and various other locations..Yeah mnt range backdrop was tricky...i had to take the mountains and water and animated them..but in such a way that the scrolling clouds above scolled in teh reflection.. It took a few hrs to do but in the end turned out very good! Yeah making lots of adjustements and changes..I will be hitting up Jop soon for an update..he can shoot vids til his heart is content! Thanks for the support guys! ;)

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline RegalSin

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2014, 07:38:23 PM »
These sprites are beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes. What is even better is how Simon looks like his former X6800/MSX self and Alcuard looks like his real self. I could even hear those tunes rolling inside my brain even without the music. My only problem is seeing all the "extra powers". If your giving ++ powers to Simon, and his friends then you should make sure the rest of the game also has that "extra shine" to it.

I mean wow.

Who and how, you did the programming work?

What you used for the Music? MOD? MP3? MIDI?

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2014, 12:01:39 AM »
It's Trevor but yeah he looks amazing. And I wouldn't be too worried about the game being too easy. I'm sure these guys have a couple of surprises in store for us.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
@SabinFigaro..your right..we dont plan on it being easy...challenging but doable...not as insanely crazy as the nes version...or games so tought as double dragon 3 nes..that was plain ridiculous..and yeah it's trevor belmont..simon hasn't been born yet.

@ RegalSin..hey man thanks for the compliments. Yeah we are still far from done..contrary to popular belief..but the main stay of it is getting their..still some bosses need to be coded..we are adding in some new enemies that fit in just the right places to make you wanna pull your hair out! The music system is set up pretty much set up for mp3's and midi's... With the music folder along with the external player folder..we will open up and  opportunity for people to potentially have any number of mp3.. in the game or midi...depending on what file extension is used..also the player sprites can be swapped. With that being siad..if  you dont like a song..you can simply open up the music.ini file..change the name of it..(making sure your file has the identical name)...and viola!! You will have the song you want...with the sprite folders it will work similarly..if let's say you make your trevor edit color..you simply copy the folder...edit colors to your liking and then change it to what the folder was named..it's pretty simple actually..We are going to set the game up with set sprites and players..so it may come down for some of them you want to use, that you have to actually unlock them before you can play them.. Either way..there is a variety of skins as is...we wont give away much more than that..  We do plan on putting some very unusual spins in the game..things you may not normally expect..and be very aware of the fact the rest of the game like players will shine...many bosses are not going to be as expected...even when you happen to see one..don't assume they'll all be plain,simple and normally what you'd expect...our lead coder Retro has some suprises up his sleaves!! So be sure to keep in tune to what is going on here...all i can say is that i will have an update source for Jop soon for him to make more vids in his leasure..this is by no means a final source..just an update..

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »
The music system is set up pretty much set up for mp3's and midi's... With the music folder along with the external player folder..we will open up and  opportunity for people to potentially have any number of mp3.. in the game or midi...depending on what file extension is used..also the player sprites can be swapped. With that being siad..if  you dont like a song..you can simply open up the music.ini file..change the name of it..(making sure your file has the identical name)...and viola!! You will have the song you want...with the sprite folders it will work similarly..if let's say you make your trevor edit color..you simply copy the folder...edit colors to your liking and then change it to what the folder was named..it's pretty simple actually..We are going to set the game up with set sprites and players..so it may come down for some of them you want to use, that you have to actually unlock them before you can play them.. Either way..there is a variety of skins as is...we wont give away much more than that..

Oh wow! You guys are going the extra mile on this one, aren't you. I hope you guys get it done as I'm already salivating.  :o
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2014, 07:02:13 PM »
Yeah...sorry for that...lol...salvitating at the mouth..yeah we are going the extra mile on this certainly..We wont's stop with this game until we feel we've acheived greatness..perhpas..something that konami themselves..might do. If  i have to rework bugs here or their or fix glitches..then i will..whatever it takes..you know..Dont wanna dissapoint anyone...So in time..eventually...it'll be done..i just dont wanna set any due dates..and have things rushed prematurely...it's best,though it may take a while..it is perfected...

Also keep in mind anyone viewing the vids on my youtube channel...Know that some of the levels you see...or ideas..or concepts...may have changed and may not look that way presently. You'd be suprised at the fact i am still getting comments on the old atlantis..and old mad forest..which are no longer in use. Obreck levels and the old teams levels are still up and running i might add. So yeah you will be able to play those aswell..

Boy i am like you guys sometiems..i can't wait to finally sit down and play this game knowing it is 100% complete..but in time..eventually you'll have a final. Still their are things incomplete and being worked on...so keep in tune here..you wont' want to miss some of the up and coming progress. I just send Jop an update..so if he wants he can shoot some vids with sounds. Well ok, Cool...peace!! ;D ;D 8) 8)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2014, 09:08:09 AM »
I believe that the more time you devote to this game, more surprising and awesome it will be. For this reason, i dont really care about an release date ;). its really cool see this game growing gradually, the addiction of new things not seen in the original game.. and it really encourages to visit this forum everyday to see the Updates, Las! ;D

Hey man, keep great in this game, it will achieve the Greatness, and will be Awesome. ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:19:23 AM by eryson »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2014, 05:45:05 PM »
Hey thanks Eryson. We are working hard everyday to keep the awesomeness rolling! Yeah Jop has received and update and will be hosting vids at his channel..its probalby best i let him do the recording for now..seeing he has sound..and i better recorder than i do..Plus his vids are at full speed at this point.. I told him when he's not busy to post them up here.. I think they are mainly of the earlier stages so far.. Yeah keep in mind when watching  many of the levels he records..that we added little things here and their..some stuff has changed..been updated..so defeintly keep in tune..here..!!

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
Man i can be proud and say that I am totally satisfied with how this games progress is coming along. we ran into a couple of issues here and there but we get through it. guys injoy the new vids once jop posts them. you'll love it. also we are open to feedback and critics. we are working hard to give you guys a great remake of cv3. a lot of time and creativity was put into it. I'm so excited i wish i could put up a demo now. but we have to work with more things first and then we will have something for you

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2014, 04:36:17 AM »
well here is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzkwvqn9tqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcnP257S4Wo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZT0F_cQGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhWl876KoR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvumPeC7kvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms6ZY2Q2uvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRMo7B3AOAo

sorry if i dont show the boss battle but i think its better to not show but i dont know if this is ok but well now i can record in full speed.

Finally sound and good quality video! lol At least now, we can view the game how it's meant to be seen. Look fun!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2014, 07:30:30 AM »
I like everything except for that terrible dubstep version of the swamp stage.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2014, 04:05:23 PM »
Great! Glad you guys are enjoying the vids..nice work their Jop! And yeah if you can show some boss fights...the ones that are fully working anyways.... I mean even if you die or beat them it's ok...some bosses are tougher than others..we will adjust diffuclties of bosses/enemies later..

And yeah..we are trying to find some of the catchy stuff for a remake soundtrack..may even include some new tracks..for repeat areas..such as the 3 caves.. And yeah..sorry rugal...about the swamp...quite a few requested it..and i though it was differnt so i put it in.. we will more than likely keep that. As for the other levels..idk what the rest of the team thinks..but i'm overall content with what is presented...i do however have gripes with the sound volume on some of them..realizing some tracks are just too loud and drown out the sound effects or ambience..i'd liek to get them all at doable levels for gameplay.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »
Yeah Las I agree that some levels bgm should be lowered. other than that its all good. I'm impressed with the hard work going on with the levels and bosses. time is consuming but well worth it. guys, trust me when i say, you will not be disappointed when we are finished. all the goodies which include all kinds of secrets canon to the cv3 storyline. we tried our best to keep things close to the original so that you can get that retro feeling with the familiar surrounding but revamped. hope you guys enjooy our new vids. feel free to. give us feedback as your information helps us to fix things.

thanx
Reiko26

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2014, 04:12:29 PM »
 ;D ;D hey guys got 2new vids for you to enjoy. tell me what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OMPU-pFuWQ&feature=youtu.be

Ghost ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDpArQhyM0c
please enjoy
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:31:16 PM by reiko26 »

Tags: