Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"...in the style of SotN's "Crystal Teardrops"  (Read 2593 times)

Offline squaretex

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards

While I've made a few brief appearances in the past to put (hopefully) interesting spins on CV tunes, here's a recent case where I viewed an 80s gem through the CV filter...and knew I had to try it. :)

Recently, during this time of lockdown, I've been entertaining my church's youngsters with wild takes on their song requests. This has resulted in outlandish things like Tears For Fears's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" in a Final Fantasy XIV "snowy castle" mode, Imagine Dragons's "Believer" in a bouncy Spyro the Dragon guise, New Kids on the Block's "Step By Step" in a disco-ish vein, etc. etc. etc.

But when faced with a request of a song from MY childhood that I adore, I was like..."Wow, don't wanna mess THIS up. But what can I do?!?" And so bouncing around several ideas, SotN came to the fore...and I got to work.

And here's what happened: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5nlj7u2m9eq2u0v/Don%2527t_Stop_Believin%2527_-_Aqua_Michiru_Flavor.mp3/file

P.S. Debated whether this belonged in the remixes thread, but decided to play it safe. :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
That sounded unusual and interesting. The combination seems to work in the tune's favor.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: