Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 137772 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - Castlevania-Like Project
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:02 AM »
If you can finish this project, and don't have a composer, I'd be happy to write some music for you in the future. :)

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2013, 11:24:12 PM »
I also finished the ingame portrait of the main hero :)
Show us!  :) I want to see his face!

... And yes, - seems to me, you've found a composer.  ;)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2013, 01:35:39 AM »
So here it is the Starting screen logo (Unfinished) and the ingame menu portrait of the character where his hp,mp,exp,def will be displayed.

The progress is slow at the moment because I am tweaking some things in the game. I also have ideas for making my own site for gaming thingies and some plasticine stop-motion animations for my youtube channel. However I will finish this game and I hope to release the demo soon.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:10:24 PM by Zuljaras »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2013, 06:49:04 AM »
I like it! :) But may be the eye of the hero is too long and too white. It's just a square, really. I think it would look better if you would use grey as a shadow (of the eye, I mean).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:58:10 AM by PyramidHead »

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2013, 07:33:03 AM »
I like it! :) But may be the eye of the hero is too long and too white. It's just a square, really. I think it would look better if you would use grey as a shadow (of the eye, I mean).

I will. Btw the logo above the portrait is gone now I thik that I have done it badly so I will come up with better start menu screen :)
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2013, 01:12:06 AM »
Can anyone show me a good place to find COMPLETELY free sounds and ambient music. I searched but most of them want credit for things like thunder sounds ... I would greatly appreciate any help at this point :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14:39 AM »
+1
Can anyone show me a good place to find COMPLETELY free sounds and ambient music. I searched but most of them want credit for things like thunder sounds ... I would greatly appreciate any help at this point :)
A good website for SFX: http://www.universal-soundbank.com/

And as for music, I'll quote myself:
If you can finish this project, and don't have a composer, I'd be happy to write some music for you in the future. :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 02:19:15 AM »
A good website for SFX: http://www.universal-soundbank.com/

And as for music, I'll quote myself:

Thank you!!! I like that all the sounds are free :) I don't want to get in trouble for stealing or smth like that :)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 10:22:38 AM »
I'm glad to see another fan going through the trouble to draw all new art for his game. You're fighting the good fight my friend. Looks good. almost has classic NES vibe. Keep it up!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2013, 02:49:16 AM »
+1
I did not update the game info in a loooong time so I have decided to post some more info :)

Lately I am collecting sounds and incorporating them into the game. For now I have the sounds of all 3 weapons as well the sounds of the enemies and the boss. I figured out how to make the sounds external because otherwise the game exe will be too large so this is a goon news. There will be folder with the sounds next to the game icon. I decided to distribute the game RAR-ed for convenience :)

Now as for the game I made a new stat which we all know the ATK (attack power) and I have incorporated it into the inventory system so for example many armors and accessories will give attack power as well as armor and other possible buffs. This will make the game more interesting and not so bland :)

The start screen is ready I just need to make a third button called info so the players could see how the controls and the game stats work ... I don't want anyone to get confused :)

I have made many and many and many runs through the demo stage and I did not found gamebreaking bugs. I just want to add and polish some things here and there.

I want to take my time and make this demo a success because otherwise if it fails I doubt the players will give my game a second chance :)

Also I am thinking (AND IT IS HARD AS HELL) of the main characters name. Few ideas come to my mind like Victor Nox, Chistian "something" I want to be something memorable.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
If you're having trouble with names then I would suggest that you get your hands on a name dictionary. Eventually you will find something that sounds right to you. His first name; Victor already seems to fit well so I'd say you are halfway there.  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »
I would use the Romanian name, Decebal. It means "strong as ten."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:08:57 PM by MontoyaGraphics »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »
Victor Palumund (random try)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2013, 07:37:39 AM »
any news? I'm quite interested tbh

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2013, 07:48:19 AM »
any news? I'm quite interested tbh
^This. I'm fond of what I've seen so far, and I want to see more. :)