Poll

What are you more excited for?

The animated series.
17 (56.7%)
Bloodstained.
13 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania vs. Bloodstained  (Read 12309 times)

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2017, 09:56:09 AM »
If I'd absolutely have to decide, my vote would go to Bloodstained simply by virtue of it being a game. I like actively playing more than passively watching something. I mean, I'm still hurting that it won't be our old beloved Castlevania, with Dracula as the main villain and such, but still.

Though as it stands, the trailer for the animated series looked awesome. Maybe this won't be so bad after all - as long as it's as much disconnected from Lords of Shadows as humanly possible.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:58:21 AM by DraculaCronqvist »
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2017, 10:57:21 AM »
And you are exaggerating everyone else's arguments into hyperbolic non sense.  You seem to be arguing from a very emotional place, you can't see a discussion on the topic of this series without dumping vitriol all over it. 

You'll not stop gaslighting me, will you?

I'll also remind you that this was me, when the teaser came out:

(click to show/hide)

I will ALSO remind you I was not the first person to say the teaser was "safe", but you got hung over ME saying it, which does lead me to believe the issue is with me, not with what I say.

And just throwing out there that Warren Ellis is a SUPERB writer. We really couldn't have asked for anybody better.

Yeah ok

he had Iga working with him on the script for literally a decade (sending it back with notes at least 4 times)

Also, IGA didn't "work with him on the script", but on pre-production material (namely, the main premise and an "outline" of the full material) and as a reviewer, not as writter.

Actually, I should mention IGA's involvement with it back then is what gives me some hope of this succeeding. But I also know very well IGA not only didn't create CVIII, but kept CVIII's story canon changing ONE detail (Alucard's birth) to not step on the toes of who created it.

But keep in mind IGA is not involved this time.

So, you're allowed to like Ellis. I'm allowed not to, and I don't give a shit for whom or what he worked on previously.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:56:14 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2017, 11:43:48 AM »
You'll not stop gaslighting me, will you?

I'll also remind you that this was me, when the teaser came out:

(click to show/hide)

I will ALSO remind you I was not the first person to say the teaser was "safe", but you got hung over ME saying it, which does lead me to believe the issue is with me, not with what I say.
I honestly have no problem with you at all. I am a big fan of your fan project, and think you are one of the most knowledgable fans in the entire fandom.  I bring you up only because I remember discussing the teaser poster with you, and then the teaser trailer, and your two lines of criticism seemed strangely at odds with each other.  And I get that you said you were satisfied with the teaser in one post, but you jumped into this thread with your "Jesus christ"'s and your all caps sentences dumming down logical arguments into childish banter.  If you are unaware, that comes across pretty dick-ish. So it makes it seem very disingenuous when you try and play the victim, while simultaneously pulling shit like this...
"B-BUT THE TEASER"

Nobody is gas lighting you, you are being rude and straw manning.  You're getting overly emotional and lashing out.  If I had to guess I'd say your time devoted to your fan game has made you feel a sense of ownership over the series, and the fact that someone else now has and is acting on the actual ownership has you rubbed the wrong way. I understand that feeling COMOLETELY, if you remember I actually had been working on a script for a Castlevania Netflix series since my film classes in college. If I can get over it so can you.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »
If I had to guess I'd say your time devoted to your fan game has made you feel a sense of ownership over the series,

Thank god this is just a guess. Nice try, though.

Could I guess you are praising this series because you wrote a script, and now you're seeing somebody else realize your dreams?

Do you know who has ownership of the Castlevania IP and is doing a bad job with it? KONAMI. It's not Adi Shankar who will "rub me the wrong way" because of "having ownership of the IP", fam. He's probably doing a better job with it than Konami is.

You should stop trying to read my mind and making assumptions. It's not working. You still couldn't grasp what my criticism is and is now trying to read my thoughts and feelings. This is making you look like you can't actually argue out of appeal to emotions (a logical fallacy I've been pointing out OVER AND OVER and you can't stop using).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:02:40 PM by theplottwist »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
Your argument that it conflicts with the themes of the series? I just ignored it because it is outrageously innacurate. And the reason I am excited is the same reason virtually every castlevania fan got excited, the teaser is exactly what we wanted to see.  As much as people always love when someone else realizes their personal dream (thanks for that friendly knife twist btw), no, that is not why I am excited.  I am excited because I love the work of Warren Ellis and Adi Shankar,  and I love Castlevania.

Now to my point that you ignored, why are you trying to play the victim and claim to be getting gas lighted when you are the one being rude to everyone who disagrees with you?  My assumption was merely speculation to explain why someone who is usually very calm and logical is flying off the handle and making fun of others.  For someone who claims to not be emotionally invested, you're getting extra salty. And you're the only salty one here.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:09:11 PM by AlexCalvo »
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »
Alex Calvo:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:58:03 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
+1
Guys, you should both take a breather. You both seem to disagree strongly, so instead of continuously seeking out a confrontation with each other, just agree to disagree. At the very least, wait until the series has actually released before discussing whether it's any good or not. Everyone should be able to post their own impressions about this series without being called out on it by someone else. So please get back on-topic or else I'll lock this thread. Also, if I see this kind of discussion again in other topics, I'll put an to that as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »
+1
I love boobies. I just want some tasteful nudity in both the Netflix show and new game, that's all I ask.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2017, 06:57:29 AM »
I'm mainly looking forward the Netflix series, because it's an official CV one AND based on CV3. Not too many episodes, animation looks good.

So far, Bloodstained hasn't blew my mind and it only comes out in a year, so I still have time to look forward to it.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 07:54:06 AM »
Snatched this pic from the Netflix thumbnail. You can see one of those silhuette shots from the castle.

At least it doesn't look like a tower from this perspective. Just a really ugly castle.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:09:46 AM by theplottwist »

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 03:09:11 PM »
No doubt the show for me. Bloodstained is looking great and it is a game but holy fuck... The show looks good but it IS the Castlevania universe. Since I was a kid I'd imagined a CV film, thought it'd never happen, but here it is!! My childhood self would explode over this announcement. Plus Castlevania potentially getting more mainstream exposure is only healthy for the brand.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
the CVIII TV show is not interactive, and its story is said and done.

Bloodstained is interactive, more immersive as a game, and a new story overall., and can get a lot more total hours played than the amount of times the TV series is watched.

both can be awesome though.  though Bloodstained easily wins it if they actually launch it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2017, 11:15:37 PM »
I'll reserve my vote for when I experience both the game and the CVIII Netflix episodes. At the moment it's all up in the air and can go either way for both.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2017, 01:30:14 AM »
Both. Now Who can I bribe into leeching Netflix?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2017, 01:48:51 AM »
Both. Now Who can I bribe into leeching Netflix?

Someone somewhere will leak it to youtube or any other site.

Tags: