Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: There's an alternate universe where Lords of Shadow never happened  (Read 6503 times)

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: There's an alternate universe where Lords of Shadow never happened
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
IGA would have done his game, it would have probably been worse than LoS and flopped and CV would have died a few years earlier

Offline TheMalphas

• Hunter in Training
  • Phantasmic Saturnalia!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 04:25:16 PM »
Kojima was right though.
I remember seeing that trailer and thinking "Wow, I hope this game is a Castlevania game!" Then some fan reuploaded it on youtube with Vampire Killer from Judgement, I think and everyone was happy about it.

What follows is the carnage of a rushed up game that was never meant to be Castlevania. A shame, truly. Perhaps it would have had a better reputation than today.

Offline Aria

• Dancing in the hall to the minuet of dawn...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 05:11:44 PM »
Most likely IGA's SotN sequel would have gone through. Though not without Konami's purposely limited spending. The company's way too conservative for its own good and the products suffer for it. IGA's sequel would have also suffered for it as well. That much I'm sure of.

I agree with this. Konami is so similar to other companies (whose names I shouldn't hold back on...sony-capcom,etc.), who prefers profit over fans. I mean, I've seen several really good games whose life just got snuffed out simply because the company wanted to (A.) either release it fast to cash in, (B.) Said budget was an issue or (C.) Just any other excuse/explanation that may or may not even make sense at all. And the games or game series suffer because of this, and so does the fans.

Now whether Castlevania stays dead or makes like a Dark Lord and rises again? That's something only the future can tell.

If Castlevania rises again, which in the future I can only hope so, I'd be super happy. And personally, I'd like IGA to get Castlevania back in his hands. (*wishful thinking*)  ;)

Tags: