Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania Music Collection  (Read 6782 times)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: New Castlevania Music Collection
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2021, 03:15:02 AM »
+1
Love it so much!

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2021, 02:24:12 PM »
I'd love to get it, but I'll hold until it comes out in the U.S.... Importing is weird to me.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2023, 02:13:37 PM »
Thread resurrection time!

Are these two collections still available anywhere? I was broke when they came out, now I have monies.

Or maybe, you know, someone could provide me with a rip or something.

Was it ever affirmed that it's just reused CD masters for the previously released stuff? So Dracula's Curse still has sound effects, the GBA games still sound like muffly garbage, all that fun stuff? Would be nice if Konami ever redid all the soundtracks from scratch or licensed them to a label who cares. Ha!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 07:27:02 AM »
What were the extra tracks (from the MIDI Power Pro 6 bonus CD, if there were any)?

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 06:05:34 AM »
I'm not sure if all are reprints. On the sound side, according to some people who did quick comparisons, they increased loudness, which makes this set sound a bit worse, but it's probably fine for most people.

Both sets are still available on Amazon Japan. Note that they sell the GFCA reprints (not the Konamistyle exclusives LC prints).

I think a Castlevania music set should be externalised. There are companies who do this for a living (Clarice Disc, Wave Master, SuperSweep, EGG...) - but so far they haven't done much for Konami. I can only remember the 3 Konami Famicom Sound Chronicle albums, and there's no Castlevania on those.

EDIT - for those who only care about Castlevania of the FDS/FC/NES, get FAMICOM 20TH ANNIVERSARY ORIGINAL SOUND TRACKS VOL.3 which is still widely available from internet shops. It's a separate recording by Scitron and it's the cleanest you can get for cheap. There are also other good FC games on that release.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:15:04 AM by LuxKiller65 »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 08:29:04 AM »
I hear Data Discs are some of the best in the biz, though they only do vinyl records and I think that's crap, because I'm still about collecting CDs. But their methods of remastering game soundtracks is really cool, whereas Konami's vinyl OSTs through Mondo are just CD masters put to wax.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything