Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586878 times)

Offline Weiss Belmont

• The Power of Legend
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2013, 08:07:03 PM »
+1
Mortal Kombat, Rising Revengeance, Parasite Eve (hate this F_CKING GAME), Prototype, and Prototype 2. I cannot get enough of the final battle between Heller and Mercer. I could play that for hours.

Prototype 2-Muder Your Maker OST Soundtrack (James Heller vs Alex Mercer)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Games that you have currently beaten/completed
« Reply #511 on: May 30, 2013, 02:10:38 AM »
+1
What you mean like ever? I think it's just that that would be a very long list for some people. Those of us who haven't beaten as many games would probably feel less experienced, and those who have beaten the most would probably feel like they were bragging. Still, a good place to keep track of this sort of thing is http://www.backloggery.com/ if you're interested.

Now that I made one I wonder who else has one here on the dungeon?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #512 on: May 30, 2013, 05:28:30 AM »
+1
Super Puzzle Platformer, ridiculously awesome arcade-y game.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #513 on: June 01, 2013, 02:49:53 AM »
+1
Recently replayed CotM, it's as good as I remember. Haven't beaten Dracula's second form on this second playthrough yet, not sure I'll bother.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #514 on: June 03, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
+1
Just downloaded Injustice on PS3. Great game so far. The updated MK9 engine runs flawlessly! Spent about 4 hours in one sitting watching the story unfold! I really don't know why I waited this long to be honest! (Laziness)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #515 on: June 06, 2013, 11:39:48 AM »
+1
Right now it's between Kerbal Space Program (PC), Forza Horizon (360), Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (3DS/Wii U) and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #516 on: June 06, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
+1
Just moved into an apartment. I've been playing the shit out of Gamecube stuff, namely Metroid Prime and Resident Evil (aka REmake).

Metroid Prime... I held off playing it for years because the controls intimidated me (the Trilogy Wii controls even more so), but goddamn... I forgot how much of a miracle this thing was. I always scoffed when people would bring up the idea of a first-person Castlevania, but playing this makes me believe it could be awesome.

Always loved REmake. The early RE games feel very arcadey to me. There's so much emphasis on performing perfectly and the odds are stacked very highly against you. I really appreciate how much this game doesn't fuck around. I love learning the twists and turns, how to dodge monsters, save resources (or ignore them entirely), and so on.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #517 on: June 06, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »
+1
Any fans of Castlevania should go here to download Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/

I've been playing that, and Another World, or Out of This World as it was called in the US on ios. One of the coolest games on the super nintendo! It's so cool to have it on my phone now!

I only wish we could get a decent Castlevania game on iphone. The puzzle game just doesn't cut it.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #518 on: June 06, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »
+1
Just moved into an apartment. I've been playing the shit out of Gamecube stuff, namely Metroid Prime and Resident Evil (aka REmake).

Metroid Prime... I held off playing it for years because the controls intimidated me (the Trilogy Wii controls even more so), but goddamn... I forgot how much of a miracle this thing was. I always scoffed when people would bring up the idea of a first-person Castlevania, but playing this makes me believe it could be awesome.
The Wii Controls for the Primes are arguably better than the original controller controls. You are literally more in control of your cannon. your arm IS the cannon. It was really well done

Ive been playing Remember Me.

The premise, memory altering gimmick and combat flow interested me. (I <3 Cyberpunk, and this is definitely pure cyberpunk done right) The gameplay is terribly linear, but then again, its not like we ever complained about that in the 2D days. The combat is fun, the memory altering gimmick sadly seems to be a very once in a while thing relating to specific events in game, but it's real fun. The way the combat music alters based on how well you combo is great. The camera however...

Oh man. What a bad camera. And this is on PC. The controls I can give the benefit of the doubt because I'm using a keyboard, but the camera? damn is it bad.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #519 on: June 06, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »
+1
I preordered Last Of Us on ps3 lastnight cant wait for that to come out! I havent played much recently. Some Bioshock Infinite and Risen 2... bout it

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #520 on: June 06, 2013, 09:08:08 PM »
+1
Playing Twin Snakes and sucking massively. With MGS2, I never could come to grips with the more advanced controls and smarter AI, and here this GameCube version of the first brings all that to the fold.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #521 on: June 08, 2013, 12:48:19 AM »
+1
Playing Etrian Odyssey and cheating my ass off cause I don't have a spare 200+ hours to map out every freaking inch of every dungeon.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #522 on: June 08, 2013, 04:04:40 AM »
+1
When I have the time, I want to jump into Magical Doropie for Famicom, then maybe try some one credit runs of Elevator Action Returns on the Saturn or Taito Memories PS2. I always credit feed the hell out of that game because I'm no good at it. Thing is the Saturn port has a continue limit and I'd like to see if I can improve at it, or if I hit a wall.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #523 on: June 08, 2013, 05:07:42 AM »
+1
Playing through Parasite Eve.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #524 on: June 08, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
+1
Nothing, I am on PC and can't get myself into anything at all right now. I am pretty burned out or fatigued with a lot of games.

I want to play Lords of Shadow, still haven't yet and I also kind of want to check out State of Decay.

Tags:

anything