Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587222 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #990 on: April 25, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
+1
I love Blaster Master and the soundtracks awesome! I dunno if any of you guys have seen this guys vids on youtube but he has huge playlists of nothing but NES soundtracks hes made into "stereo" the first one has 199 full soundtracks in each video. Ive listened to the entire thing and on my 2nd time thru it now. Totally awesome

https://www.youtube.com/user/Wiiguy309/playlists?shelf_id=11&sort=dd&view=50

You talkin about Blaster Master made me think about it hes got it on one of his playlists

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #991 on: April 25, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »
Been in nostalgia mode here lately, just beat link's awakening for the first time since ive been like 10 lol but I did get into bulletstorm on ps3 again., man thats a fun shooter!  Then again, its been quite a while since ive dedicated some time to another ff7 playthru....
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #992 on: April 27, 2015, 01:56:09 AM »
I love Blaster Master and the soundtracks awesome! I dunno if any of you guys have seen this guys vids on youtube but he has huge playlists of nothing but NES soundtracks hes made into "stereo" the first one has 199 full soundtracks in each video. Ive listened to the entire thing and on my 2nd time thru it now. Totally awesome

https://www.youtube.com/user/Wiiguy309/playlists?shelf_id=11&sort=dd&view=50

You talkin about Blaster Master made me think about it hes got it on one of his playlists

That looks pretty cool. I'll have to check for the stuff I haven't heard.

I just messed around on Fester's Quest a bit tonight. I think I was only able to kill 1 boss back in the day, before some crazy spider thing in the overworld would murder me every...single...time. Got about 4 bosses down before I bit the dust this time. The enemies are a headache, but it's sort of fun to get to each boss to see what their attacks are.

Kind of weird that I went from Blaster Master to Fester's Quest. Maybe because they're both Sunsoft games with mutant frogs and (mostly) crappy guns?
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #993 on: April 27, 2015, 03:34:48 AM »
Im pretty sure those 2 are more closely related than the themes would suggest. They use the same controls and sound effects and even the gun for the most part is the same. Its like they made Festers Quest out of the "inside the door areas with the kid from the tank" mode straight from Blaster Master

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #994 on: May 03, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »
Mortal Kombatttttttttttttttttttttt X!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #995 on: May 03, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
gta5 on pc and today I bought Fall of Cybertron and the DL from the activision weekend on steam. That games pretty damn awesome

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #996 on: May 03, 2015, 11:41:30 PM »
I started OoT Master Quest. I beat ALttP yesterday and thought I had a no death game but I some how died twice and I don't know how that happened because I was playing like a champ.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #997 on: May 04, 2015, 12:02:21 PM »
I have had no time recently but since I got my saturn working I've been playing Vampire Hunter darkstalkers revenge, DoA 1, and assault suit leynos 2. Also if I get the chance complete LoS to make my be friend be quite.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #998 on: May 05, 2015, 01:49:41 AM »
Went back and beat Fester's Quest. I had to cheese the final boss by standing to the far right and shooting missiles, though. I can't find a video online of anyone beating it "fair and square"...I just wanted to see someone actually do it.

I checked out an arcade bar here in KC called Up Down...it's awesome!! It's got a good mix of 80s and 90s machines...I played Donkey Kong, Double Dragon, Sunset Riders, Killer Instinct 2, Mortal Kombat 2, Wrestlefest, Street Fighter II CE (actually got some challengers on this one), Superman, Arkanoid, Ivan Ironman Stewart's Off-Road, Turtles in Time, and the South Park pinball game.

Good to see a resurgence of retro arcades here. There's a place called Square Pizza down the street from me that has about a dozen machines, too, and another arcade bar in the metro called Tapcade. I hope the excitement for these places doesn't die down any time soon.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #999 on: May 05, 2015, 08:57:52 AM »
been leveling in FFXIV,  though while Black Mage is cool, Monk just feels more rewarding without the downtime between
actions.  but that's the difference between casters and melee,  melee have more flexible fighting styles while casters
are kinda linear in nature, but the advantage is their range and what seems to be stronger dps hits,
but still melee like Monk and Ninja are more enjoyable.

I thought Ninja was better, but level Monk to 50 again in new world, really rediscovered how awesome it is.

but I dunno for Heavensward, might RP Dragoon mostly, well if the questline seems to make that fit better.
already got that to level 50, around i116 gear.

my Monk gear is around i110, maybe I'll use WoD to gear it up more since WoD has i120 gear.  and I could get
poetics for i120 accessories.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1000 on: May 06, 2015, 07:37:09 AM »
999... First play through and got a terrible ending. Decent game but no Phoenix Wright or Hotel Dusk.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1002 on: May 08, 2015, 12:21:27 AM »
+1
I've been playing through a bunch of older PC Engine CD games. Actually just did a review on Götzendiener.
Götzendiener - PC Engine Super CD - Review - 720p HD - Rory Replay

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1003 on: May 08, 2015, 10:35:07 AM »
I have a few on the Agenda.
First off, GoG Galaxy is pretty great.
Second, I've been getting into FFXV RR, and will probably get HEAVENSWARD as a birthday gift.
Strife is also good, beats me how I managed to be out of the loop from it for so long, and the Steam/GoG version runs alot like an enhanced ZDoom port.
All of the Official Ys games have hit Steam, but it would be great to see Ys Seven and Dawn of Ys hit as well (both have PC ports)
Also half way through Shadow of Mordor, it's great, I recommend it to any LOTR fan who's played a Batman Arkham game.

ALSO, I have Serious Sam First and Second Encounters in both Classic and HD for trades, so if anyone in the Dungeon wants to play Serious, I'm sure I can make that happen.

*Note - I've been working quite restlessly lately so video game time is usually around 1-2 hours a day, so progress is slow.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:37:14 AM by KaZudra »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1004 on: May 11, 2015, 05:11:33 PM »
Played through a couple of NES games: Jackal and Xexyz. Both were awesome, with Jackal's NES port being more fun than the arcade version. I didn't expect the mega tank from hell at the end, lol.

Xexyz was fun, too. It's pretty cool how they include a boss rush password at the end (and another password to do the same with the side-view shmup levels, but I didn't check that part out).

Tags: