Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A little Lament help?  (Read 3410 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:37:39 PM »
The first time I played it I didn't get any extra stuff like relics or keys, I just plowed through it.

So now here I am replaying it, hopefully to its fullest. I've completed all the 5 selectable areas, and got the vampire killer. But I've hit a brick wall. I have a Black turtle Key that I will use on the second floor of the Caverns, but, I'm locked out. Returning to the caverns I find that water is preventing me from opening the door that leads to B2. The walk throughs I've read assumed you used them the whole way, which you haven't completed the area yet, and the door isn't locked. :/

So how do I get through the water lock? The switch in this one oddly shaped room is already pulled, though I don't recall what it was used for in the first place. >_>

Any help is good. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:43:49 PM by uzo »

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: A little Lament help?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 08:13:57 PM »
In Reply To #1

This is in the "Dark Palace of Waterfalls"?

Doesn't that snake tunnel take you down to B2 too?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:19:33 PM by A n t r a x x »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:20:54 PM »
Yes. I thought the platform ride took you back to the first level? or maybe I'm missing something? Where is it?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:23:26 PM »
Well B2 is below B1, right, and if I remember right, that tunnel goes down.

What I'm saying is, I don't think there's any way to move that water block after you clear the other one to get to the boss.  So there is another route around it.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 08:27:24 PM »
I could load it up if you really need me to check it.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »
Yes, you need to take one of those skull chutes to the lower level.  But you also need to explore the level fully.  Once you get "locked out" by the water, so to speak, you can still access the rest of the level.  You don't need any special items or anything, but you do need to pay attention to details.

If you want me to spoil things (highlight): You need to break through the cracked wall to the left of the entrance.  It's in one of the Y-shaped rooms.  Walk towards the crack in the wall and a mace-knight will spawn behind you.  Lure him toward the wall, and when he swings his mace, he'll break the wall.  Go through, and you'll get to the Ice Elemental mini boss and the skull chute to the other floor too.  I think.  It's been awhile since I played LoI, but I'm 95% sure this is right.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 02:35:32 PM »
Aha. I figured there was something to that wall, I didn't realize you needed to do that though. I figured id have to use a certain attack for that later or something.

Thanks!

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 04:55:14 PM »
In Reply To #7

It's one of the cooler secrets of the game.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
Yeah, I agree. I liked it better when we didn't have peeping eye souls to show us where every breakable wall was too.

Tags: