Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Japanese can make almost anything better  (Read 8731 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
『シュガー・ラッシュ』予告編2
AKB48『シュガー・ラッシュ』挿入歌ミュージック・クリップ

Although to be fair, I actually liked the US cast of Wreck-It Ralph. Sarah's voice annoyed me for a few minutes but after 30 minutes or so I loved Vanellope too much to care. Comparing Sarah to the Japanese actress, I prefer Sarah's take as it gives Vanellope even more character. Oh well. The Japanese version seems to play more on dialectal nuances whereas the US version used slang, intonation and accents to distinguish characters. ... So in summary, when it comes to Wreck-It Ralph, for once I prefer the US version over the Japanese version. But I still rock out to "Sugar Rush".
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Japanese can make almost anything better
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
They call this movie Sugar Rush in Japan (in the end of the trailer they say Sugar Rush instead of Wreck-it Ralph!)? Also why they show Street Fighter and Dance Dance Revolution in the arcades only in the JP version of this ad? Unfair! Hau auu~
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mathias_The_Resolute

• The Collector of old Castlevanias
  • Hunter in Training
  • Old school Castlevania fan,
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
+1
what did I just watch? O__O
What is a man?! a miserable little pile of secrets! but enough talk! HAVE AT YOU BELMONT!

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:31:07 PM »
Top vid is the Japanese trailer for Wreck-It Ralph (aka "Sugar Rush", which makes for a good lesson in semantics). The second video is a short music video by the girl group that sang "Sugar Rush", the theme song of the arcade game "Sugar Rush" in the movie (the whole song plays during the end credits too).

I'm not sure how I feel about calling Wreck-It Ralph "Sugar Rush" instead. Suddenly the movie's not about Ralph but Vanellope instead. But the movie's about RALPH!

I think I liked the Japanese version of the villains better than the US one.

AKB48
Skrillex
Buckner & Garcia*
Rihanna
Kool & The Gang
Owl City
Other music composed by Henry Jackman

I liked the soundtrack for Wreck-It Ralph. AKB48's inclusion was a tongue-in-cheek reference to all the Japanese arcade games. But Buckner & Garcia fits the movie so well. Their song didn't get played until the end credits, but if anyone's gonna have the ending credit song for a movie about a video game, then these guys were the ones to have the honors.

Buckner & Garcia Pacman Fever pacman buckner garcia dick clark
Buckner & Garcia - Froggy's Lament
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:33:23 PM by TheouAegis »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:13 AM »
It's a shame these ghost didn't appear in Wreck-It-Ralph;

http://www.funnyjunk.com/movies/1108285/Awesome/
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
Pac-Man was a lush, I think. If I remember right, Ralph espies Pac-Man gobbling up multiple martinis. At least Clyde was the head of BadAnon, or acting head.

But on the topic of Wreck-It Ralph, a couple things bugged me about the movie:

1) Why were Bowser and Dr. Eggman in BadAnon, and Sonic in Central Hub? Ok, Bowser I can accept because of the BS or Vs series of NES arcade cabinets. But was there ever a Sonic The Hedgehog arcade? Neff I'm okay with because I remember seeing him in the arcades. Zombie and Kano obviously fit, as did Clyde. But Dr. Eggman and Sonic.... THEY'RE HOME CONSOLE CHARACTERS! Same with the Metal Gear Solid exclamation mark.

2) Sonic issues a public safety warning that dying in another game means Game Over, no continues if you die in another game. ... ... How do they know this? ... WHO DIED OUTSIDE HIS/HER OWN GAME?!?!

3) If Sugar Rush reset when Vanellope crossed the finish line, why didn't she and everyone else revert back to their original states and positions of origin. Sour Bill or whatever his name is was still stuck to a lollipop. If they were all part of the code, they should have reverted back to their (xstart,ystart) coordinates. The fact that they didn't suggests the system only did a soft reset....

4) Why was the volcano in Sugar Rush filled with DIET Cola in a game that has nothing but polysaccharin-saturated pastries and candies? Why not a regular cola? Or Mountain Dew? I doubt Pepsi would have minded.

5) Anyone else notice King Candy laughed at his own jokes even though no one else ever did?

6) Why does King Candy have a fungeon anyway?

7) If both Turbotastic and Road Blasters or whatever it was called were unplugged and Turbo was still inside the programming of one of them, when and how did he get out and into Sugar Rush 30 years later?

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 02:14:42 AM »

1) Why were Bowser and Dr. Eggman in BadAnon, and Sonic in Central Hub? Ok, Bowser I can accept because of the BS or Vs series of NES arcade cabinets. But was there ever a Sonic The Hedgehog arcade?

He has an isometric arcade game to his credit (SegaSonic the Hedgehog), along with a Megaplay and Mega Tech version of Sonic 1 (yes the Genesis game, one works like a Nintendo Vs cab in that you only get so much time to play on 1 credit), and Mega Play and Mega Tech of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Neither IIRC have chaos emeralds in them, both are 1-2 worlds shorter than the Genesis games, but otherwise seem identical to their Genesis counterparts. So like Bowser, Robotnik (I don't call him Eggman, so sue me :P) has been in 3 arcade titles.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
7) If both Turbotastic and Road Blasters or whatever it was called were unplugged and Turbo was still inside the programming of one of them, when and how did he get out and into Sugar Rush 30 years later?

I never saw the full movie but from what I've gathered Turbo went viral in some fashion or another. He could've stayed within the matrix of the digital interface until another racing cabinet came along (Suger Rush) then he would just take over from there.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 12:34:19 PM »
2) Sonic issues a public safety warning that dying in another game means Game Over, no continues if you die in another game. ... ... How do they know this? ... WHO DIED OUTSIDE HIS/HER OWN GAME?!?!
Alex Kidd, he tried to kill Sonic so he could be SEGA's mascot again, but Sonic killed him in a Jo-Ken-Po fight. :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 03:56:44 PM »
The Street Fighter bit with the fighters was in the US version as well.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »
I've seen the early trailers and didn't seem them in there, only Zangief reunited with the bad guys. Someone can please share it here? It must be one of the latest trailers.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 12:28:36 AM »
This made me smile cuz I got the joke so fast.

Just googled Vanellope Fan Club and got a bunch of hits. Some shit is disturbing, but a few pics out there are cute.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Lone Wolf

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 12:34:33 AM »
Humm.... Didn't get the joke yet. :-\

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 12:47:59 AM »
Screen glitch lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Lone Wolf

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 01:04:33 AM »
So..?

Tags: