Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Things that Annoy the crap out of you.  (Read 8144 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Things that Annoy the crap out of you.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 12:50:51 AM »
Working in retail, everybody.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 02:11:11 AM »
My list as of now:
People who act as if they know everything.
Extreme summer heat.
Twihards.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »
+1
Can't help but think of this sketch from SP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfIgcL99Ob8
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 04:34:16 AM »
Things that players do that annoy me, Castlevania related:

-When people compare Circle of the Moon's Necromancer with Shaft when they're wildly different, both gameplay and character wise.
-When people hit a candle with a subweapon intentionally when it's clearly in reach of the main weapon.
-When people catch the end level orb by simply walking over it.
-When people write Richter's name anything but "Richter".
-When people play SotN without using the map after you just told them how to access the map.
-When people can barely get past the initial corridor's first zombies in CVI because "they're too fast".
-Alucard fanboys.
-Fans pairing Jonathan/Charlotte romantically, then arguing with you when you say they have nothing romantic going about them.
-In SotN, when people say that "the castle turned upside down" instead of recognizing that the inverted castle is ANOTHER castle. (Believe me, this is actually a thing here where I live, even with the CG clearly showing another castle coming out of the clouds. And they'll go great lengths to prove you wrong.)
-When Michiru Yamane gets praised by having composed "Vampire Killer" and "Bloody Tears". Yeah I know she has remixed them, but you catch my drift.
-When people can't be bothered with reading item descriptions, and then annoy you to tell them what an item does.
-"LoS's story is AWESOME" then "Classic games' stories are ridiculous" \_(0_º)_/
-"It is not canon because it's too ridiculous" when the game/event is officially canon.
-"But the description says Richter is the strongest Belmont!" when it only says "Master vampire hunter", and using an Alucard line to back it up ("Belmont's power is supreme among vampire hunters. None other could defeat him") when Alucard clearly meant that Richter is the strongest vampire hunter at the age he lived, not of all Belmonts. (Please let us not fight over this xD)

Some of these are understandable from newcomers to the series, of course. But I've seen them all being done by "veterans" to Castlevania/videogame conventions at an annoying rate.

Some of these annoy me because I'm boring and like to nitpick.

And some things not Castlevania related:
-When someone tells you in an argument "But you're agreeing with me, thus my argument prevails" when you're clearly NOT agreeing.
-When someone DOES agree with you in an argument, but refuses to realize it.
-Strawman arguments. Holy fucking crap these are absolutelly despicable.
-"But for me, it's not!" when you just corrected the person about the unchangeable nature/name/objective of something.
-When someone rewords what you just said like a new argument.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:06:56 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 12:12:18 PM »
-When morbidly obese arrogant pieces of shit think they can take on a project that they know absolutely nothing about and pass it off as a game from your childhood.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
+1
People who leave campaign bumper stickers on their cars years after the election is over.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 04:25:21 PM »
People who leave campaign bumper stickers on their cars years after the election is over.

LOL i see this all the time

• people that pick their nose in public
  • people that eat their boogers after picking their nose
  • people that smoke indoors
  • slow internet
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:34:54 PM by crisis »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »
One of my close friends put it well when he said that if you are arguing for an "ism" you're already failing.
My personal take on Feminism is that the movement is misguided like all other ism movements because they are already causing a schism simply by the name they have chosen. And language is far more important than some would like to believe.
It may be idealistic but what should happen is that all groups that want to fight for equality should drop the divisive language and simply fight for everyone's equality.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »
Don't remind me of isms, Inccubus. Writing a seminar paper on presidentialism in Latin America. That's a hell lot of isms right there.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 11:21:51 PM »
+1
Doctor Who "fans" that have only seen new Doctor Who and none of the classic stuff.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 11:50:19 PM »
+1
^ Amen.

To add, people who profess to be anime fans but only know one or a few anime from recent memory.
Also, cosplayers who don't even know who the heck they are cosplaying and just say "oh I just like how the costume looks, I don't care who it is."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 02:04:42 AM »
Gaming "Elitists" who make new players quit on X game.

USA's low standards on internet speed

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Julius Belmont

• The One and Only
  • Hunter in Training
  • Everything that kills me, will eventually perish.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 07:14:31 PM »
Let's see, things that annoy the crap out of me:
Slow internet
That one game I can never beat
99% of all rap songs
Misheard song lyrics
People that think they're right no matter what
People in general
The fact that I can trust no one
Bad grammar
Art not done by me.
Last night I lied down in my bed and looked up at the stars. Then I thought, "Wait, where the hell is the ceiling?"

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 02:05:53 AM »
+1
Noisy, stupid teenagers.

Yah, yah, I know "we've all been there", but when you're already in your twenties, those 14-17 year old junior high / highschool kids become so bloody annoying, with their loud (often fake) laughter, rude attitude to women (the teenage girls should also be blamed for tolerating such behavior) and adults, complete disregard to manners and standards of public behavior.

Yeah, I know not all of them behave like that, I know I hadn't, but seems like this has become the standard for teenagers. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Julius Belmont

• The One and Only
  • Hunter in Training
  • Everything that kills me, will eventually perish.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 08:24:52 AM »
^ Amen, enough said.
Art not done by me.
Last night I lied down in my bed and looked up at the stars. Then I thought, "Wait, where the hell is the ceiling?"

Tags: