Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why vampires didnt appear in photos and didnt have reflection in a mirror?  (Read 18490 times)

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Legends (GBC)
Re: Why vampires didnt appear in photos and didnt have reflection in a mirror?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
I dunno, I kinda like the whole "Vampires have no souls" routine. I mean, then where did their souls go?

On the other hand, "Dracula" (which uses the no-reflection rule) also has Van Helsing and the others going to kill Lucy, so her soul could be at peace.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »
I dunno, I kinda like the whole "Vampires have no souls" routine. I mean, then where did their souls go? Souls don't just disappear. Did their souls go to Heaven and that's why vampires are so bad, because their bodies are jealous of the souls? Did their souls go to Hell? If so, then there's no reason to badmouth a vampire, since its original owner is already suffering. So yeah, if you're going to say a vampire has no soul, you've got a lot of explaining to do.

Marijuana doesn't make you invisible. Makes you even more visible, since everyone around you except the other people smoking marijuana will notice how high you are.
I think that they do have souls.  They're souls are simply corrupt and cursed.  I've heard in several versions of vampire lore that vampires are cursed beings and that is why someone is turned after they are bitten.  The bit not only gives nourishment to the vampire but also passes the curse on to the victim like a contagious disease.There are actually several times in the Castlevania series where it is referred to as a curse.

As for why they don't appear in mirrors and photos, I stand by my passive defense theory.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
I have to agree with darkwzrd4. A vampire is essentially a body with a soul, but the body is no longer human in nature. It is cursed; condemned. And the soul is trapped forever until someone comes along and slays him/her thus releasing the trapped soul. Are all Vampires evil? No, I don't think so. They may seem that way due to their blood lust, but by nature Vampires must have blood to survive just as we need food and water. And believe me, when someone gets really, really hungry, be it human or vampire, they get really nasty. As for the theory of vampires existing on a slightly different plain of existence so as to be invisible in a mirror? I've never heard of it until tonight and I am intrigued by it to say the least. Honestly this thought has never occurred to me and it could do very well in explaining a lot.

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 11:49:20 PM »
I don't like it. Prove that fourth-dimensional or fifth-dimensional hyperbeing passing through Earth would not have a reflection, then I'll buy it.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Legends (GBC)
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
Besides, why would a vampire's clothing not cast a reflection either?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
I don't like it. Prove that fourth-dimensional or fifth-dimensional hyperbeing passing through Earth would not have a reflection, then I'll buy it.

You may or may not believe me for what i am about to tell you, however I will NOT lie about my brother's unique spiritual gift. He has this ability to go invisible to the human eye. This has happened several times and my family was there. Essentially he 'disappears' from human visual perception so that no-one can see him. The best explanation I can give is that he steps out of our plain and enters another one. He's still here but only invisible to sight. And what's even more spooky is that you can still hear him talk. This is like having your own personal cloaking device without the need for the technology. If my brother (a human) can do this just imagine what a vampire can get away with.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »
+2
And when I drink a fifth of tequila and take off all my clothes, I'm invisible too. The first time I did it, my friends told me so. So I tested it at a bar one night and sure enough, after many shots of tequila and taking off my clothes, nobody looked at me because I was invisible!

But the hangover made it not so fun anymore.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »
And when I drink a fifth of tequila and take off all my clothes, I'm invisible too. The first time I did it, my friends told me so. So I tested it at a bar one night and sure enough, after many shots of tequila and taking off my clothes, nobody looked at me because I was invisible!

But the hangover made it not so fun anymore.

I won't have anyone here call me a lair and I'm sure Jorge won't tolerate it either. I'll let this pass as a skeptic's gag however when it comes to my family I don't BS around.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:42:16 PM by uzo »

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
That's a bit on the harsh side, I think.

I was considering something more along the lines of this at first:

Wanna see him pull a rabbit out of a hat? It's a really neat trick....

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:07:09 PM by TheouAegis »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 11:12:49 PM »
Wanna see him pull a rabbit out of a hat? It's a really neat trick....

That rabbit design reminds me of the one from Alice: Madness returns.

X's family portrait;

I thought you were in law enforcement uzo. Ya know, one of the good guys?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 11:51:17 AM »
+1
I am part of the good guys. We keep crazies away for the safety of others.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:08 AM »
In Reply To #20,

I'm confused. In my paranormal phenomena thread, you stated that you've never witnessed or experienced anything remotely paranormal, yet in this thread you're saying your brother has the ability to turn invisible to the naked eye, so.. you're kinda contradicting yourself. Have you seen him do it, or are you relying on a relative's hearsay? Can you provide video of this extraordinary feat? If he has this ability and can do so at will, why not show the world?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
Maybe cameras can record him since he said that its invisible to "human's eyes". But a explanation could be better since you noticed that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
I'm confused. In my paranormal phenomena thread, you stated that you've never witnessed or experienced anything remotely paranormal, yet in this thread you're saying your brother has the ability to turn invisible to the naked eye, so.. you're kinda contradicting yourself.

I'll clarify this so I don't sound contradicting and I should've been clearer at the start. What I meant about not experiencing things paranormal would be things like seeing god, angels, divine intervention, a miracle; things that would help solidify my faith that I have found to be dwindling recently. I hear stories about people witnessing or experiencing the miraculous things and I can't help but feel like an abandoned child. What have I done to deserve solitude? I don't know and god won't tell me.

Have you seen him do it, or are you relying on a relative's hearsay?

I'll explain the two accounts so pay attention. account 1 happened back when me and my brother were in elementary school. During the summer we went out to the back woods to play guns (who hasn't?). Anyway i went first and hid behind some fallen trees. He found me and shot me. Then it was his turn. I couldn't find him. The foliage of black spruce wasn't even remotely thick and there were no bushes for cover either. I literally could not see him even though I was facing him directly, and I could hear him talking to me telling me to try an find him. I just got so frustrated that I left and I would not know what exactly happened until much later when I learned of this phenomenon.

The second time he did it was when we were all in Hawaii. One a dinner night cruise he was leaning on the guardrail of the ship in plain view of everyone including my family. However we couldn't see him. Nor could anyone else for that matter. He claimed he was there but we could not see him. In terms of my brother telling me and the rest of my family tall tails like this? No. That is of your own opinion and does not in anyway, shape or form, speak the truth. It's simply scepticism. my brother like me has a very strict policy about lying to others. I personally kinda live my life with a code of honor as does he although not as strict as say the Samurai.

Can you provide video of this extraordinary feat? If he has this ability and can do so at will, why not show the world?

This I cannot do and I know he would not do it either. In fact just by telling you guys this I violated him personally and not only does this make me feel bad for him, but it makes me angry. Angry at myself for being so stupid by taking all this lightly without thinking about how it would make him feel first. It's the same thing with Jesus when he preformed his miracles to the populous. He was annoyed by the people always asking to see him do such feats as waking on water, turning water into wine and healing the sick and diseased. Nobody wants to be made a circus freak for other people's amusement and I had no right to do this to him. And such foolish actions do bring about the unease and negative side in other people, as uzo just demonstrated by being a horses' ass by attacking me. Even though he says he's with law enforcement and thus should have acted accordingly to his oaths under the badge. Which he didn't do. So again, no. I can't do this and especially not without his expressed permission. But I can tell you the phenomenon is real and he isn't the only one either. I did listen to a radio broadcast some months ago that talked about this very thing and was surprised to find out that anyone can do it. Anyone. Yes, that includes all of us here at the dungeon. The only reason why we can't is because we don't know how. We lack the knowledge to do so. Yet there are people (like my brother) who seem to have a natural knack for using it. the Human body may be limited in a lot of varying ways, but the soul is not limited in anyway at all. People have the power to heal, vanish, move objects with their minds and teleport. Sounds like magic? This is probably where the fantasy stories of magic originated from.

anything