Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The UoF Student Tasing Incident  (Read 30208 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 05:43:21 AM »
I'm saying tasers should be illegal.  Tasers used way too freely and this video shows that, but pretty much any use of the taser on a civilian is wrong. 
Sorry to butt in, but you do realize your supporting your whole argument on an isolated incident.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 07:04:43 AM »
Huh?  What does MY physical ability have to do with this?

I asked about your experience, not your physical ability.  Don't believe what you see in Hollywood.  It can be extremely difficult to control somebody who is struggling against you.  And when you have any more than three people on one it gets more difficult, as there isn't really any more "room" to get in there, if you understand me.  Think about it.

Have you ever taken a punch?  If it lands just right, it can put you right out of a fight if you aren't used to it.

It's one thing to be stronger than your opponent, but when your goal is to not get injured in the first place, it takes more than that.  Are you assuming that the second you're more powerful than somebody you can automatically win every fight without a scratch?  Or as soon as you outnumber somebody you're in control of them, just like that?  My sarcastic comment about your experience was meant to point out that if you had ever tried to physically control somebody when their only goal is to either hurt you, kill you, or just get away from you, then you wouldn't be making such enlightening statements as this

There's about THREE OR FIVE COPS and they can't subdue this student?

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 07:53:34 AM »
I asked about your experience, not your physical ability.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 07:55:40 AM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 08:07:58 AM »
In Reply To #3

You mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g7zlJx9u2E

This one

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 09:12:14 AM »
In Reply To #48

Yes, I use my turn signals, and yes, it bothers me too when people don't use them.

Citizen's arrest is a greatly misunderstood concept.  You as a citizen can only arrest a suspect when that suspect poses an immediate and non-justified threat of death or great bodily harm to yourself or to another person.  If a cop fits this description, then sure, you could place them under citizen's arrest until...more cops show up to relieve you.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 09:14:42 AM by PFG »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2007, 10:09:19 AM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:23:59 AM by DoctaMario »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 04:49:43 PM »
In Reply To #44

Don't know but maybe he means that you haven't experienced somethign like that so you never know how strong teh kid could be or emotions tend to add to strength (or so I'm told).

And PFG, as for experience to judge..... anyone can judge the case, its just how much influence you have. Like a judge in court, he has the influence to change the course of those he judges, but you don't need any experience to judge. It just probably won't weigh much if you don't have influence which experience and support would help in.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2007, 09:05:17 PM »
In Reply To #52

My point was that without experience, his comments were ignorant.

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: The UoF Student Tasing Incident
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 02:27:13 AM »
In Reply To #46

no this video is an example of it.  it happens all the times, civs bein tased

Offline John Capricorn

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 02:31:12 AM »
In Reply To #53

look man all i need to know is there cops and shouldnt be usin the taze so freely.  you say im ignorant but they did a bad job, instead of handling it professionally they made the situation muc hworse whereas at first it is an annoying kid talking to Kerry then we have a student being electroucuted in the background.  if those cops cant handle the situation based on their physical ability then they should not be holding tasers. 

Offline John Capricorn

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 02:36:23 AM »
It's sorta the same idea as a rabid football/soccer/basketball/hockey/baseball fan criticizing a professional player for screwing up.  How many of those fans actually have the skill to play on the level of the professionals?  How many fans see the field from the same perspective as the professional?  How many fans would perform flawlessly, never buffing a pass or missing a shot? 

Theyre the professionals dammit they're paid to do it.  The difference between me and the cop is I am not paid to keep the peace, the cop is, thefefore when the cop fucks up e has failed his duty.  tyhats why theyre the profesiionals.  get a clue

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2007, 04:07:01 AM »
The difference between me and the cop is I am not paid to keep the peace, the cop is, thefefore when the cop fucks up has failed his duty.  tyhats why theyre the profesiionals.  get a clue

Could you please check your spelling, grammar and punctuation marks please before you post, your point doesn't make much sense if you're not doing so.
If what you mean by the cop "fucking up" is that he is using excessive force or accidentally attacking innocent civilians, mistaking them for criminals, then yes, that is bad, but you gotta live with it if you want someone to protect you in turn from some motherfucker who want to take your money, rape you, or kill you. Thank God you do not live in a totalitarian state where you would be arrested randomly for not doing your job, expressing your opinion or simply because you belong to a certain racial/national/religious minority. I am sick and tired of assholes who keep saying the police only does more bad than good and it would be better without it. Hell, do those ungrateful bastards think that without a police to protect them they could be robbed  or killed by anyone and no one would care?

That's the whole point of it, it's not only the police, take the army for example, acting in a hostile territory, do you think they enjoy arresting innocent civilians because they were acting strangely, when anyone, and I mean ANYONE of those "innocent civilians" could be a terrorist? Think about it. Do you really think it would be better for any idiot or crimininal to do whatever he wants only so no innocent people would be harmed?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2007, 07:55:58 AM »
Theyre the professionals dammit they're paid to do it.  The difference between me and the cop is I am not paid to keep the peace, the cop is, thefefore when the cop fucks up e has failed his duty.  tyhats why theyre the profesiionals.  get a clue

*gets a clue*

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 10:25:45 AM »
I dunno if you've read up on the way the US is these days, but we are basically living in a totalitarian state. Herr Bush has signed into law an executive order basically giving him total power if he chooses to use it, but that's a whole other thread.

I am pro police and have a lot of respect for the individuals who put their lives on the line so we can sleep safely at night. They do a lot of stuff that quite honestly, I don't have the balls to do. But I think that in certain situations (these university situations particularly) the use of force is going too far. These cops are trained how to take down an individual and the use of the taser was ridiculous. Them telling that one kid to get up or they'll tase him again? I doubt the cops themselves could get up after being tased like that! These campus cops are basically a bunch of rent-a-cops who want an excuse to use their toys. Someone being tased repeatedly like that is inexcusable. IF he were high on crack or something, fine. He poses a danger to the officers, but this guy was in no way a threat to the well being of the officers in question, and they only used the tasers to be able to say, "WE're in control here, and if you don't do what we say, we're going to make an example of you." The US is a totalitarian state, it's just that most people don't know it yet.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:28:36 AM by DoctaMario »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2007, 11:04:50 AM »
These campus cops are basically a bunch of rent-a-cops who want an excuse to use their toys.

With all your school shooting incidents, I think there's a reason they are required. I mean, WTF, those school shootings have become like a trend. There is either something wrong with the education, or there is something wrong with the law that allows psychologically-unbalanced individuals carry firearms freely.
The US is a totalitarian state, it's just that most people don't know it yet.
That could be said of any state, you know. USA, Russia, even Israel. I can say the same about Prime Minister Olmert, if it was really democratic he would have been asked to resign a year ago. Since the elections, almost all the ministers in Israel's government have been replaced, but the same party (and prime minister) is still in power, even though like in America, right now, everybody hates the prime minister.
What makes the change is that whatever Bush does, he's going down now. He'll be replaced no matter what he does. Personally, I still, until this very day, don't understand why USA has only two (major) parties. I mean, where's the democracy if you've only got two choices? It's almost funny because you know no matter who will be elected the same old farts will remain in power (lol).
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything