Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: For all of you that have Vista, or are thinking of getting it  (Read 12130 times)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: For all of you that have Vista, or are thinking of getting it
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »
I'll give myself another year or two to see how things are running with Vista before I decide if I wanna get it or not. Driver availability and whatnot.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 02:43:56 PM »
+1
ONe more thing that makes me glad I'm an OSX user.  ;D

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 08:24:37 PM »
In Reply To #11

Well, that article seems to make it seem like you can't turn it off and its automatic. Thats what I'd be worried about. And yea XP is fine for me. Whats annoying me right now thogh is the new Docx format which isn't compatible with the old. But they did release the converter, so its not so bad....

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Homebrew Images
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 04:52:27 AM »
In Reply To #18

That's the point. The article neglects to inform you of all the details. Look, I'm not saying to run out and buy Vista now. I'm just saying that it's foolish to listen to these articles.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 04:57:54 AM »
Using that article as a source of facts on vista is like using an article from the KKK as a source of facts on black people.

No exaggeration.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 05:02:45 AM »
In Reply To #19

I don't plan to depend on that article alone, of course. But I doubt I'll be looking into it since I'm not much interested in Vista. Atleast not yet.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 06:16:33 AM »
I don't need to read that article to know Vista ain't for me yet too. I have tons of friends that aren't too computer savvy and bought a generic Best Buy PC package that came with Vista. None of them have anything good to say about it except that it's pretty looking.

Luckily for a couple more friends of mine, a few websites are still offering XP on their laptops and desktops.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 07:39:26 AM »
In Reply To #22
Yeah I guess that's the main reason to not upgrade to Vista. Nothing special enough to justify the upgrade from XP at the moment. I know that's why I haven't done it.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 12:27:51 AM »
Didn't they pretty much release Vista without really debugging it? Said something like, "Send us your bugs and such." A friend of mine who builds and repairs computers put it on his laptop, and the program didn't even offer DVD support without him having to go in and mess with the programming.

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 05:03:08 AM »
In Reply To #24

lol Why do I always come out sounding like the MS lover? MS didn't even want to release it yet, but the public pressured them to put it out early. They had said they wanted to go through one or two more beta phases. It's just funny because this only happened like a year ago.

Offline neobuldogg

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 04:42:49 PM »
vista came preinstalled with my new laptop (not getting the os disks is a joke) from bestbuy, and man is it slow!. i also hate the fact that outlook express isnt compatible, and hate the new ie.

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 05:48:29 PM »
In Reply To #26

IE7 sucks. I actually kinda liked v6 even with the lack of tabs, but only because it was so speedy. Anyway, apparently IE7Pro makes it way better. I haven't tried it (mainly because I like FireFox so much now), but a lot of people are choosing IE7 with this over FF. It's free. Worth a shot I guess.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »
In Reply To #25

Tellin' ya man, you should check out OSX if you haven't already!  ;) ;D

I didn't know anything about the release, I had just heard that they encouraged people to send in bugs to be fixed and all that jazz.

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »
In Reply To #28

I have, and I'm unimpressed. Only because it's hyped up to be the best thing in the universe, I guess. My wife is a news editor, so they almost solely use Macs, which I often need to troubleshoot because their tech guy is too busy fixing everyone else's Macs in the company. In terms of perfection, all OSes suck at it. I think it's all a matter of preference, and you should just use whichever you like the best (or fits your needs best).

Personally, the only reason I adopted Vista early is so that I could learn the ins and outs of fixing it. I was running out of new things with XP.  ;D

Tags: