Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Priest  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
Priest
« on: May 14, 2011, 11:03:35 AM »
So anyone else caught this flick yet?  Went see it yesterday with my wife.  I came away from it with a "meh" impression.  There were parts of it that I really liked: the priests themselves (seemed like a really good concept for a Belmont family nexus) and the primary villain (though he was VASTLY underutilized).  The pretty boy sheriff was annoying, and in the end, pretty useless...while the rest of the story (while solid in foundation) just never got developed very well.  This is one of those few instances where I feel a film would have benefited greatly from additional length and further development of the main characters (particularly the two lead role priests).  It just felt like enough didn't transpire in this film before it ended.

I think the movie had lots of potential...even moreso for a sequel.  It just felt a bit too anemic to me.  Not enough meat on the bones.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
I went to see Bridesmaids. :P
It was very very funny, so I recommend that.  Didn't get to see Priest yet.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
So its a good looking bad film?
Kinda like Judge Dredd or Fifth Element or Starship Troopers?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 11:52:21 PM »
hey dont knock fifth element! Thats a damn good movie!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:24:08 AM »
hey dont knock fifth element! Thats a damn good movie!

Loved the film too! Had a lot of amusing quirks in it. I've also seen my fair share of plot-simplistic movies that I feel, deserve a sequel to them. Tron got a sequel called Tron: Legacy and I even heard of a sequel in the work for that one too. The Black Hole is being talked about for a remake though I believe the original film itself is worth a prequel and a sequel. Flight of the Navigator was also another favorite. However, given the nature of the story I'm not sure if they can do a sequel to it or not.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Priest
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »
So its a good looking bad film?
Kinda like Judge Dredd or Fifth Element or Starship Troopers?
I wouldn't say it was a bad film.  It just came across as overly edited....like it was a heavily chopped version of the original film.  Seemed like just when the story started to pick up momentum...it was over.  Personally, I'm hoping for some sort of extended director's cut when it hits DVD.  The theatrical film is only about 90 minutes long.  Pretty short for a film that's trying to build up a unique post-apocalyptic world with a unique vampire mythos.  Like I said, I'm not a fan of adding length to a film for the sake of padding the experience, but this one really could have benefited from more content and development.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »
Funfact- it is based on a Korean Manga. pardon, "manwha".
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 04:31:30 PM »
It's worth watching just for the female priest....and her chain weapon. ;)

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 06:20:15 AM »
Funfact- it is based on a Korean Manga. pardon, "manwha".

The two-part Dream Theater song "In the Presence of Enemies" is based on the same manga, but whereas the movie butchered the source material, the song is actually faithful.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »
I'm a huge fan of the manhwa. They should have kept the original story. Vampires are too overused these days.What made the manhwa so original is the fact the main hero is fighting fallen angels, in a  spaghetti western setting. Plus Ivan(the hero) is so badass.
So I'm not going to bother watching it. It's not that good anyway.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
I didnt really care much for it sadly :(  I was REALLY hoping it would kick some major arse but i also walked away with the 'meh' expression  :rollseyes: I think it had some GREAT potential but to me it just seemed as tho it couldnt stick with one thing for very long.  Like they had everyone involved with the movie write their own scripts and then plot them out in the movie.  Dont get the wrong idea guys, im not a movie nazi lol....i thought the Fifth Element rocked too!  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Tags: