Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A crazy Idea that Id like some input with  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
A crazy Idea that Id like some input with
« on: October 26, 2012, 09:09:37 AM »
Well after doing some music synth for a while im now determined to make a 2D game, all I will say the idea is a cross over genre, but will feature Castlevania 1, in terms of difficulty and characters stages etc.

however I want to know what would be a good 2D game engine to accomplish this, there will be elements from at least 2 other games in this project, so name a few that are preferably easy to work with
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: A crazy Idea that Id like some input with
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 09:22:54 AM »
Try Scirra.

What happened to the mod you were working on? Or was that someone else?

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
the Mod for jedi academy is in hiatus, since the mapper moved to japan and is now a teacher, i was the director of the project, but ive wanted to make a 2D game forever now

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 10:58:43 PM »
yeah try Construct 2. It even has exe support now even tho its basically just a wrapper. If you want to make a game that can be played in a browser tho Construct 2 is pretty much your only choice which is good cause its the best as well

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 02:49:55 AM »
im looking to make a 3 way mashup, the concept idea is interesting enough anyways, we've got Castlevania, Ghosts N Goblins, and some Battletoads, the idea is still a linar beat-em up kinda game, the idea also came to me after playing Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, which I think uses the fusion game engine, but it was a fairly solid platformer,
the game reguardless if your Simon, Trevor, Arthur, Firebrand, or one of the Toads, would progress in a fashion like

eg: Stage 1: Is say Battletoads NES stage 1, then Castlevania 1's stage 1, followed by GnG stage 1, it would give a bit of a break in terms of difficulty, but build it up each time in a 3 part act so to speak.

Tags: