Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Americanos, are you voting this year?  (Read 23995 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: October 11, 2016, 09:59:51 AM »
I might be asking for trouble here, but it seems to me both of the partys' candidates in for the next presidency are a catastrophe. Some of my American friends said they're not voting or voting for a third candidate because they won't support their parties' candidates. Voting may be seen often as choosing the lesser of two evils, but to some the very act of voting for any of those two seems immoral.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Americanos, are you voting this year?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
Eh, Clinton. It's not because I find her appealing, I'm just veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy anti-Trump so I'm going to vote for whoever has the most publicity and thus the more probable chance of getting elected.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 04:52:11 PM »
Ugh...this year is a mess.  I don't really care for any candidate.  I don't feel like it's a good idea (personally) to not vote, but then I'm still not sure who I wanna support. :-S

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 09:57:35 PM »
Green, because Clinton is a horrible candidate.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 11:01:25 AM »
+3
I only registered to vote this election because of Sanders, because up until him I really didn't give a shit about voting since it never really felt like anyone involved gave a shit about the right things.

As the election progressed, I learned about Stein and grew to like her for much the same reason.

So despite the very obvious media campaign to make Trump/Clinton into a "vote for me so the other person doesn't win because they're terrible" pissing match rather than a genuine "vote for me because I'll do these things" appeal, I'm sticking to me morals and voting my conscience.

Whether that's Sanders or Stein, I'm not sure yet. But it's going to be one of the two. I registered to that cause, it would feel shameful to abandon my root cause just to participate in the high-school "the other person's bad because they did this" bullshit.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »
I'm voting Clinton.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:18:32 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »
Yeah, Clinton for me as well. I dislike her but for all her ethical failings she strikes me as more stable than Trump.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 09:02:07 PM »
My initial choice was Jim "I killed a man" Webb. He was the candidate we needed. But not the one we deserved. He got run out pretty quick though sadly.

My wall 'o text on the rest are as follows:

(click to show/hide)

tl;dr I'd rather have a well meaning fool than an ill meaning genius.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:11:52 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 09:41:58 PM »
Tom Hanks is a Clinton supporter and I don't think he would appreciate you using his photo for the punch line of a gross pro Trump rant.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 02:13:47 AM »
I think I'm just going to stay home on election day. I've never been more disgusted with politics and the media than I am right now. I know it's a completely defeatist attitude to take, but I really just want no part of this shitshow at all.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 05:16:34 AM »
Tom Hanks is a Clinton supporter and I don't think he would appreciate you using his photo for the punch line of a gross pro Trump rant.
What's "gross" about it?

Freddy asked, I answered. Don't be hatin'.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 06:26:42 AM »
I think you mixed a lot of ideologies here, Flame, but I ain't gonna argue with you too much, I would just say this:
As a bit of a libertarian I think that protectionism is bad generally as it shrinks people's supply and forces them to rely on local production and services, often more expensive and not as efficient as ones that could be imported; at the same time it impedes local economical evolution by preventing inefficient businesses from closing down and providing them initiative to continue being inefficient and expensive.

You also expressed a positive view of populism which made me raise an eyebrow. Populism is very, very bad. It's the political strategy of telling people what they want to hear, even when what they want to hear is unrealistic. Nobody wants to hear, "sorry guys, but I don't think things are going to get much better in the next ten years, we need austerity and higher taxation to balance the bugdet and pay our debts". When politicians feed the people with unrealistic dreams, what you end up with is Venezuela.

About Syria: Many people argue the very reason Russia allowed itself to intervene and made the civil war WORSE is because the West seemed to not have been doing anything, so they siezed the opportunity to intervene and promote their own intersts.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:57:17 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 07:54:57 AM »
I work at a college library. since I work on Halloween this year, I was thinking of maybe going to work in costume.

My thoughts instantly drifted to Crusader. probably because I see a LOT of muslims there lately. I dunno. 

I ran it past my boss, although i said "Templar" instead. He laughed, and loved it, said it was something he would wear, but sort of scratched his head because it would probably get the department in trouble. I think he was on to my scheme instantly. I'd get called out as RAYCISS in an instant for a stunt like that.

I guess if I had to ask i already knew the answer

Don't try to hide racism behind supporting his bullshit policies. He has no experience and no realistic policies. He's a phony and everyone knows it.

I'm voting Trump because he had the exact same message on Trade as Sanders, but with a healthy sprinkling of protectionism and nationalism, both of which we are sorely in need of. As far as his views on immigration go, well shit, at least he's got a plan, for the past 30 some odd years, all we do is talk about immigration reform, but do nothing about it. Nothing of any substance anyway. I don't honestly believe he's going to build a wall on the border. I'd be surprised if he does, honestly, but to me it at least shows a willingness to do something about immigration reform in some capacity.

If his biggest sin is just that he's crass, rude, and doesn't have the usual qualifications (law, politics, etc) I'll take the risk.

tl;dr I'd rather have a well meaning fool than an ill meaning genius.

1. Sanders supports Clinton, not Trump.

2. You really think being crass, rude and unqualified are his biggest sins? How about clear cut bigotry, racism, promoting anarchy, and sexually assaulting and degrading women? Not to mention avoiding paying taxes. He's an oopritunist and a hypocrite.

3. You think Trump is well meaning? He's well meaning towards himself and others who live in the 1% top of the economy and that's about it. And even those who would benefit from his bullshit ideas for tax policies don't support him. Look at Buffet and Cuban. Trump wants to kick Meixcans and Muslims out of our country. These are human beings who work hard and want a good life for their families. He also wants to stop taking in refugees when we should be taking in more. These are adults and children who are suffering. And this is just the tip of the iceberg with Trump.

He's a vile bag of the worst kind of human excriment and there's only one reason people want to vote for him and we all know what that is.

That's why I call your rant "gross".

But it doesn't matter anyways. He has no chance in hell of winning because most people with common sense would rather not live in the 1940's.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:17:06 AM by Belmontoya »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »
Sanders only supports Clinton because they threatened to remove him from several senate panels, and (probably) also run a democratic challenger against him in 2018.  Look for Clinton to lose in a landslide in 2020.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »
I'm supportive of Sanders as well.

But he supports Clinton now.

Make excuses all you want. That's the reality. And he made comments that hinted to his support for her long before he lost to her.

I would be happy to see him as President in 2020.

But he cannot win in 2016 and if you pen him in now you're doing him a disservice and helping Trump in the process. It's not worth it, and sanders doesn't want you to do it.

Tags: