Do want?

DO WANT!!
1 (14.3%)
DO NOT WANT!!
0 (0%)
...do not care...
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Wait...a new Metallica album...that might actually be good?!  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Wait...a new Metallica album...that might actually be good?!
« on: September 29, 2007, 08:58:29 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica%27s_ninth_studio_album
It is said that its going to be the "miising link" between ...And Justice for All and the black album.  I just hope this is the real deal, and not part of the hype machine that fueled the total piece of crap known as St. Anger.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Wait...a new Metallica album...that might actually be good?!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 09:18:57 AM »
I'm not that much of a fan of Metallica. Even though I do own their "Best of" collection and think many of the songs by them are great (Enter Sandman, the unforgiven, One, Nothing else matters), I really couldn't care less for thrash.
So yeah, don't care.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 10:31:44 AM »
I just hope that their new album, it will be better that their last one. Not that i am a big fan of them.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 06:12:54 AM »
It had better be good. They alienated most of their fan base by attacking Napster, 'sold out' when they did the S&M album, hyped up the super lame St. Anger, AND Cartoon Network has already put out one of the most metal records evar.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 07:43:01 AM »
I should buy that Dethklok album, though I'm expecting nothing more than a novelty item. Even the non-metal indiefags like it, and that tells ya something.

As fer Metallica, I never did listen to St. Anger, but I enjoy Load. We'll see how the new one turns out.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 12:32:33 AM »
I'm still pissed off that I can't find the Dethklok deluxe CD ANYWHERE.

Anyway, I'd like to hear some good Metallica, but I won't hold my breath. St. Anger was hyped as a return to form, and look at how that turned out. I'm skeptical that they'll ever be as good as they were on Master of Puppets (which, in my opinion, was their best). But hopefully it'll be good, so they can be Metallica again, and Trivium doesn't have to be Metallica anymore (just a joke...Trivium is incredible, though).
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 05:41:55 AM »
In Reply To #6

I liked Trivium before they started to act like Metallica...

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 12:10:58 AM »
In Reply To #7

I like their stuff before that, too, but I absolutely love The Crusade. I'll eventually buy Ember to Inferno and Ascendancy, though.

Actually, I was going to originally buy Ascendancy at FYE when I picked up The Crusade instead, because the former was just too damned expensive, and the latter was like 11 bucks.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

SymboliC

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 03:45:43 PM »

Missing link between Black and AJFA..hmm, let's see.

Album without bass + Sad But True = new album

LMAO! :D

Anyway, just don't expect anything good, really. If there is any, great. If it's crap, then it wouldn't hurt.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 05:44:29 PM »
In Reply To #8

I actually just started to listen to Crusade again...it's not as bad as I originally thought....I haven't listened to it for at least half a year, but then again, I was expecting way too much out of crusade, with reviewers calling them a what-if-Metallica-never-met-Bob Rock scenario, and what not...but it's pretty good on its own level...

Tags: