Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Unlocked six secrets from the NES game City Connection  (Read 2662 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Unlocked six secrets from the NES game City Connection
« on: September 01, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »
Don't ask why I decided to hack City Connection, but I did. And I uncovered six secrets:

You must throw exactly 10 oilcans on the New York stage — no more, no less, ten shall be the number. The trigger point in the room is just 16 pixels wide when the Statue Of Liberty is in the middle of the screen. This will spawn a UFO that grants an extra life.

Collecting a balloon in London when you have exactly 11 oilcans in stock will cause another balloon to immediately spawn.

Paris has two secrets. The first one is pretty simple. Just perform a double-attack when you have no oilcans left. A double-attack is when you press the B button right when your car changes direction, which will throw 2 oilcans instead of just one, even if you don’t have any oilcans in stock. This will cause hearts to appear on the screen. Each heart increases your balloon count.

For the other Paris secret, when you have exactly 18 oilcans in stock and the entire top row of roads is painted, then perform a double-attack. A comet will fall from the sky. You don’t get any bonus for catching the comet and you can’t catch it anyway.

In Agra (India), perform a double-attack when you are just to the right of the central archway of the Taj Mahal (if you’re on the bottom row, you want to be inside the water to the right of the green dots). This will turn the sky orange. I think that’s all it does.

The last secret I found is in Nara (Japan) and is the simplest one of them all: just jump over a spike trap. A bunny will fall from the moon and hop off the screen. Grabbing the bunny will increase your balloon count.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Unlocked six secrets from the NES game City Connection
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 04:27:43 PM »
That's a lot of secrets for a game that simple really. I knew of the 3 balloons to warp thing the game has going on, but not stuff like this. I do wonder if the arcade version also hides those secrets.

Tags: