Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ninja (Gaiden) Ryukenden 1st level music is 1st on PCE  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Ninja (Gaiden) Ryukenden 1st level music is 1st on PCE
« on: November 14, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »
Forget your childhood feelings.  8) Kenji Yamazaki made a better Ninja Gaiden level 01 song for the PCE musically, than the NES. He nailed 30 seconds into a hit. Agree?

Here's the song inside the full OST, from 0:00 to 1:11 : https://youtu.be/K5ZQFR1NtYU

Here's the song with gameplay: https://youtu.be/rj_nZdlr9bU?t=1m38s

Offline AdrianTepes

• Floating Vampire Jesus
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Ninja (Gaiden) Ryukenden 1st level music is 1st on PCE
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 09:26:29 PM »
While I still like the NES OST of Ninja Gaiden better, I have to agree with you that PCE's its a great tune. I feel PCE's OST is highly underrated, probably because most people always were used to the NES one and never took the time to actually listen and appreciate it too. The Arcade game also has an amazing 1st level song (and OST) that almost nobody talks about, Shadow Soldier.
"I realize that none of us has any real control over our fate. We are like leaves on the wind to be blown wherever we may. "

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:07:14 AM »
Thank you for bringing "Ninja Gaiden Arcade - Stage 1 BGM" SHADOW SOLDIER unto my attention, Jorge!  8) The PCE stage 01 made it's business in 30 seconds (and that's why it's awesome), but a full fledged, banging song is great, too!
Oh and I love the NES stage 1 tune, also. It's real clever, putting samples together, mixing it up in a way, that one could think the song is endless! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpcMlFYjZg

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:11:34 AM by Bengr Hausve »

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:43:44 AM »
I like the PCE version's music, but the NES version is still the better one in my mind.  Yes, I'm blinded by nostalgia, since I grew up with the NES version.  But I've been playing the PCE version for about 15 years now, so it's got its own spot on my nostalgia shelf.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »
After listening to both I feel the NES stage 1 theme is better then the PCE version, putting nostalgia aside of course. I'm not sure which game came out first but the NES version just sounds like a better composition.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 05:15:32 PM »
The PCE has good tunes, but they're generic and grate-y. They lack emotion (compare pce and nes opening), and the percussion is very simple. The balance is also very poor in PCE, with almost none of the synth the PCE can do used. The NES musician better understood the system he was working with and how to balance.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 09:07:59 PM »
I played through the first few stages of the PCE version again tonight (up to that asshole Basaquer).  I feel like the entire soundtrack up to that point is a step back from the NES version.  Again, nostalgia probably has a little to do with this, but I paid close attention to the music and some of it is downright boring compared to the NES versions.  Though I did come away from it thinking I should burn the PCE soundtrack so I can listen to it more, which is far more than I can say for lots of retro games.

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 03:30:28 AM »
How about the Ninja Gaiden stage 01 music on SMS?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 02:20:03 PM »

I love it
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 06:00:59 PM »

I gave this one a listen-too as well. Not digging it as much as the other theme. Granted, the themes are both different from one-another, however the NES one still stands out for me. What i do like out of the SMS version is that Ryu has better running animations.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 05:23:00 AM »
How about this? Same ost. I think Yamazaki struct gold. https://youtu.be/K5ZQFR1NtYU?t=4m30s

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »
Some of the tracks on PCE NG are fantastic.Stage 1 and the credits give some good atmosphere for the game's new look. The new control made the game fun in a different way from the NES version. The choppy background scrolling almost kills the game though. They should've just made still backgrounds.

Tags: