Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: America's Economy  (Read 10761 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »

I'm worried. The stock market is going crazy, rising up and down constantly, and nobody knows what's gonna happen with the economy. The experts are saying it's just the investors being paranoid, but America's debt isn't going anywhere, and you can't live with debts forever.
If America goes down, the rest of the world will suffer accordingly. I really don't want to see that happening.  :P

(Dry Bones is an Israeli right-wing political cartoonist)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »
It's pretty fucked, that's for sure. D:
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 06:24:24 PM »
If they would just throw away the stock market; period, then everyone wouldn't have to worry about such headaches and Ulcers. The Monetary system did just fine without the stock exchange system for centuries and there was never any global meltdowns because of it's absence. The Stock market took an already simple system and made it needlessly complex. And all that the stock exchange really is, is a form of gambling. These investors make money without every really having to work for it like the rest of us. And when something goes wrong with the "system" everyone around the world feels the crunch, no-matter how big or small. It's a broken system and it serves no true purpose and for those who doubt me look no further then Briex and Enron  :P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:00:33 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 07:16:45 PM »
I'm no economics expert, but from what I understand our debt problem has its roots very deep in our country's economic and social history, and it'll be very difficult to solve without some massive overhauls in our political culture that will be long in coming, if at all. :/

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »
I'm no economics expert, but from what I understand our debt problem has its roots very deep in our country's economic and social history, and it'll be very difficult to solve without some massive overhauls in our political culture that will be long in coming, if at all. :/

I'm with this guy. If there is one thing that Europa Universalis III has taught me, it's that economics isn't as easy as I'd like to think it is....

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 03:34:50 PM »
I think they did that in Germany in the 20's.
The Deutschmark was almost worthless as a result.
We need to go back to backing up the dollar with silver and gold.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »
I think they did that in Germany in the 20's.

..and various other countries. It never ended well, of course. Hyperinflation is a hell of a drug.

What's really puzzling is why Greenspan would even say something so utterly stupid in the first place. The other guy's face after he blurted it out says it all.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 09:29:38 PM »
Yea, it's fucked. But Europe's pretty fucked too. Euro's going down the drain. The thing abuot america... is that I think it's solveable if Gov't would stop spending so much money on BS.

Ron Paul for prez!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 01:17:15 AM »
that's what happens when there is a war on "terrorism" in Afganistan IRAQ, started by Osama Sadam!

Ironic how America spends so much money in pursuit of OIL and not only it has wrecked the economy, it has also wrecked the planet.
thx alot Government, thx for the butt-fuck!

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 08:02:40 AM »
We've got to destroy the Mako reactors and save the planet! We can't let Shinra control the world like this!

Anyone else notice that you're a terrorist organization in Final Fantasy 7?

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »
What's really puzzling is why Greenspan would even say something so utterly stupid in the first place. The other guy's face after he blurted it out says it all.

Holy crap. I know nothing of economy and even I know you can't do that. It would cause the dollar to lose its value even further and anyone who invested in it as hard currency to lose money.

But Europe's pretty fucked too. Euro's going down the drain.

The main reason the Euro is going down the drain is because the EU joined too many economically weak states that are pulling down the strong ones. The countries in the union vary in their politics and laws, and it causes economic problems. The EU needs to pull itself together and decide how to help (or punish) countries that can't (or won't) fill the requirements needed to remain a member of the club.
We've got to destroy the Mako reactors and save the planet! We can't let Shinra control the world like this!

Anyone else notice that you're a terrorist organization in Final Fantasy 7?

Terrorist, or a freedom-fighter? Where do you draw the line? That's for you to decide.  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 11:03:41 PM »
Maybe Mr. Greenspan-sama is going senile. ~_~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline SenileSnake

• moron who becomes dracula
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: America's Economy
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »
If they would just throw away the stock market; period, then everyone wouldn't have to worry about such headaches and Ulcers. The Monetary system did just fine without the stock exchange system for centuries and there was never any global meltdowns because of it's absence. The Stock market took an already simple system and made it needlessly complex. And all that the stock exchange really is, is a form of gambling. These investors make money without every really having to work for it like the rest of us. And when something goes wrong with the "system" everyone around the world feels the crunch, no-matter how big or small. It's a broken system and it serves no true purpose and for those who doubt me look no further then Briex and Enron  :P

are you sure

you are aware that the stock market is pretty much the foundation of our economy, determining prices, values of currencies, and demand and offer on a large global scale. it is accessible to everyone, not just the BAD PEOPLE.

that's like saying "oh, let's kill medicine because there are a few doctors who have a history of malpractice"

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 11:48:51 AM »
are you sure

you are aware that the stock market is pretty much the foundation of our economy, determining prices, values of currencies, and demand and offer on a large global scale. it is accessible to everyone, not just the BAD PEOPLE.

Yes. Yes I am very sure. The world got along just fine before this 'system' came into being. While the stock market is the foundation of today's economy it certainly isn't the main foundation that was in existence before it was conceived. There have been some positive things done with the stock exchange, however the negative implications outweigh the positive.

that's like saying "oh, let's kill medicine because there are a few doctors who have a history of malpractice"

LOL! I'd love nothing more then to bring down the pharmaceutical companies because of their malpractice on human lives. My Dad would still be alive today had they forked over the cure for cancer years ago when it was discovered. However due to their bulls@#t bureaucracy and greed they still have it locked up and meanwhile we suffer and die.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: