Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Good Lord! That was scary  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »
So I was waiting for the bus from my university today. I must say the station is not located at the best part of the city but I am not often concerned by that.

I am just standing there, next to to station, waiting. Lots of people passing by, not paying too much attention, until two Arab men pass by. Suddenly one of them stops and approaches me. He stops like, right in front of me, a step away, in an arms'-reach. I was waiting for him to say something but he didn't, he just stood there, staring at me suspiciously.

I must say, I tend not to be too racially-paranoid but as he kept staring at me it was becoming downright creepy.
At this kind of situation, a man tends to expect the worst- the guy pulling out a knife at you. I was trying not to panic.
But then I realized he's not as much staring at me as on my stuff. I had several bags. Mostly books and clothing in them but also my laptop. and I was holding it tightly with a belt around my neck.

He was scanning me with his look from head to toe. Is he planning to snatch my stuff? Don't you do anything stupid, I thought.
And then, a second later, he just turns around and walks away. I was following him as he disappeared in the distance, never turning back. The whole encounter was like 15-20 seconds. God damn. I am almost certain he was planning to snatch my stuff but decided it isn't worth the effort.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »
That is not swell never know what people may do now a days, also was it during the day or at night time (it seems that is the time for people to do unjust/odd things).

And one more thing you seem to have 666 posts just wanted to point that out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 02:51:51 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:59:32 PM »
And one more thing you seem to have 666 posts just wanted to point that out.

666 actually has nothing to do with superstition. It, like it's close brethren '616', is nothing more then the address of the one infamous Emperor Nero of Rome. Nero was really f**ked up in the head so in that sense I guess these two numbers could be bad luck or something.

Mooning Freddy... I really don't know how to interpret that experience myself as I have never been in one. I guess it's a good thing you didn't overreact and do something that would have lead to a bad situation. If I might hap-hazard a guess he was probably studying you. Religious or otherwise I have no idea. But if he had bothered to learn anything about "communication" then what he did was just plan rude. Then of course people like that never bothered to learn about other things such as manners, personal space, etc. and close themselves up in their own minds.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »
That is not swell never know what people may do now a days...

If you think this is bad you should have been around during the dark ages when there was only feudal law... especially if you were a woman in an outlying village away from a castle where you could be raped and killed by a rival Lord's knights at literally any moment of the day or night. Yeah, the good old days. My ass!
"Stuff and things."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 01:20:51 AM »
+1
If you think this is bad you should have been around during the dark ages 90's when there was only feudal Taliban law... especially if you were a woman in an outlying village away from a castle where you could be raped and killed by a rival Lord's knights nearly anyone at literally any moment of the day or night. Yeah, the good old days. My ass!

lol fixed.

@Neobelmont yeah I guess it was in night time but not too late. Around 8 o'clock. There were plenty of people passing by but nobody really paid attention. I would have ignored that but the guy was literally IN MY FACE. Just wondered if anyone had to go through anything similar.
Also about the 666 lol not anymore  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 05:19:16 AM »
Maybe you had something on your shirt.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 05:31:04 AM »
+1
Maybe he was trying to use his psychic powers to talk to you.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 10:06:33 AM »
Maybe he was trying to use his psychic powers to talk to you.

Okay this reminds me of The 'Twelve Tasks of Astrix' when they went to see the Egyptian Magician;

"By Osiris and by Apis look at me, look into my eyes! You have turned into... Into what I wonder?"
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »
Phew! Im glad nothin happened to ya man.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags:

anything