Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 12/21/12, aka "The end of the world"  (Read 8871 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« on: December 20, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
It won't happen, but just in case:

Are you all Australians? The Rapture will adhere to time zones! The day's not over! Then again, if you're still here, it doesn't mean the Rapture never happened, just means you aren't going to Heaven. I guess those of us still here reading the forums pissed God off.  :-[

Just substitute rapture with end of the world.  8)

I personally think we'll all live.  :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:24:57 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »
+1
It won't happen, but just in case:

Just substitute rapture with end of the world.  8)

I personally think we'll all live.  :P

I was going to make this post but you beat me to it.
But if it were to somehow happen I say bring it on and also laugh to no end!!!

Yet I say we will live till the next predction says we are going to die.  :rollseyes:

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
+1
One more freaking thing Mayans can predict these nuts freaking jerks  >:(
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
+1
End of the world?
Does that mean we all go to hell?
FINALLY!

Megadeth - Go To Hell
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 11:39:17 PM »
Remember now, Freddy, when you get to hell, you have to moon Satan. :o :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
Happy end of the world!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »
End of the world?
Does that mean we all go to hell?
FINALLY!

Megadeth - Go To Hell

I counter this with

I Will Survive
(click to show/hide)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 12:37:29 AM »
+1
Speaking of the end...

Kamen Rider DiEnd

From Wikipedia:

His name are portmanteau of
English words "die" and "end" as
well as the phrase "The End".

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 05:47:03 AM »
+1
hohoho The Mayan writings never said the world will end on this date, they just said this date marks the end of their long-count calender & the start of a new age. Blame 20th-century sensationalist media/fear mongerors for spreading disinformation about the world blowing up. The Mayans were smarter than any of us anyway.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 06:01:43 AM »
+3
"Stuff and things."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 06:55:47 AM »

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 08:07:45 AM »
So it's not the end of ZA WARUDO?!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - WRYYYYYY

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
+1
I've always known deep down that the world simply wouldn't end just like that. It doesn't makes sense for starters but then again that's what the whole Pauline christian Apocalypse is for ya; Nonsense. The Mayan calendar had already ended a total of five times in the past and we're still here, so thinking that some inexplicable god-made catastrophe would suddenly descend on us is totally unrealistic. And so is the whole 'Rapture' thing too. It's just another terror tactic to get more followers to flock to the Vatican and the many other christian sects. I for one do not believe in the existence of a Hell since hell is already here on earth; War, famine, death, pestilence, suffering, etc. And also the idea that only a select few will be allowed into heaven while the rest won't is nothing more then political religious favoritism that has absolutely no place in our modern society (Besides Hell is the name of the Norse goddess of the frozen wastes of the underworld and it's spelt 'Hel' not Hell). Again, God does not pick favorites. We are all loved by him/her unconditionally. ALL of us. Jesus taught us this. Otherwise those he doesn't love (which is impossible) would not have been created in the first place because god is all-knowing. Anyways, the Mayan calender has ended. Now is the time to see a new world take form and to see where we go from here. And here's hoping that all those doomsday preachers will finally shut the f**k up.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 10:37:44 AM »
+1
I've always known deep down that the world simply wouldn't end just like that. It doesn't makes sense for starters but then again that's what the whole Pauline christian Apocalypse is for ya; Nonsense. The Mayan calendar had already ended a total of five times in the past and we're still here, so thinking that some inexplicable god-made catastrophe would suddenly descend on us is totally unrealistic. And so is the whole 'Rapture' thing too. It's just another terror tactic to get more followers to flock to the Vatican and the many other christian sects. I for one do not believe in the existence of a Hell since hell is already here on earth; War, famine, death, pestilence, suffering, etc. And also the idea that only a select few will be allowed into heaven while the rest won't is nothing more then political religious favoritism that has absolutely no place in our modern society (Besides Hell is the name of the Norse goddess of the frozen wastes of the underworld and it's spelt 'Hel' not Hell). Again, God does not pick favorites. We are all loved by him/her unconditionally. ALL of us. Jesus taught us this. Otherwise those he doesn't love (which is impossible) would not have been created in the first place because god is all-knowing. Anyways, the Mayan calender has ended. Now is the time to see a new world take form and to see where we go from here. And here's hoping that all those doomsday preachers will finally shut the f**k up.
Amen to that brother!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 11:26:47 AM »
+1
The Mayans were smarter than any of us anyway.

Yep. And that is why they sacrificed thousands of people every year to feed their blood-hungry gods.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: