Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Movies that made you cry  (Read 10218 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 10:41:48 PM »
OH, wam.... Toy Story 3 Ending! XP

Yeah. I cried lots of tears for that part. Pass the tissue please... /sniff

Oh and I also cried a little bit at the ending of Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.

Lone Wolf

Re: Movies that made you cry
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 01:36:28 AM »
Yeah. I cried lots of tears for that part. Pass the tissue please... /sniff

Oh and I also cried a little bit at the ending of Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.

*passes the tissue to you* :-\
Wam, "My Neighbor Totoro"?! You mean....

Omg, that scene... Totoro is so cuute! :3

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 06:27:44 AM »
Yup that movie.

Lone Wolf

Re: Movies that made you cry
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 03:03:06 AM »
Yup that movie.

Yeah.. I didn't understand the part when the little girl smashes the little black monster... Or spider, idk.. I dunno if you remember that, though..

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 03:54:44 AM »
Oh it is a Japanese belief that dust monsters must be smashed (they don't get hurt since they can get new dust and reform themselves) so that they won't occupy the house anymore.
I think it is a personification of an initial house cleaning.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 12:17:15 AM »
Hmmm... Gonna be a tough list for me... To keep short!

First movie I ever cried over: Baby, Secret of the Lost Legend. I was probably 5 or 6 when I watched it with my sister. The scene where they shot the mommy dinosaur. I ran up stairs to my mom screaming and bawling my eyes out. My sister got yelled out cuz of it. She was like, "What the fuck was I supposed to do? How was I supposed to know he'd act like that?" I remember that pretty well. :D

Most of my crying movies were tears of joy, so it makes it hard to list. I'm super emotional though.

42 was the most recent. The Jackie Robinson movie that just came out. I didn't expect to get so emotional from it, but I did.

Wreck-It Ralph.
Up.
Toy Story 3.
Wall-E. (not sad tears, cute tears)
An American Tail.
The Land Before Time.
All Dogs Go To Heaven.
Plague Dogs.
When The Wind Blows.
Children Who Chase Lost Voices.
Voices of a Distant Star.
5cm per Second. (although it's too boring to watch again)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
Pan's Labyrinth.
Edward Scissorhands. (still to this day)
The Lion King.
Dumbo. (no Bambi on this list, I don't even remember that movie)
Casper.
Flight of the Navigator.
Old Yeller.
Grave of the Fireflies.
Pom Poko.
Whispers of the Heart.
Princess Mononoke.
Forrest Gump. (that ending... omg that ending)
Finding Neverland.
Seven Samurai.
Ikiru. (Akira Kurosawa film about an old man with stomach cancer)
Titanic.
Batteries Not Included.
Short Circuit.
Bridge to Terabithia.
Little Women.
Jack.
Patch Adams.
Empire of the Sun.
Inception. (omg that movie fucked me up for a week hardcore)
Eternal Sunshine of the Sleepless Mind.
City of Angels.
The Crucible. (that ending was so depressing)
Slayers The Motion Picture (one of the tears of joy cases)
Super Ultra Brothers 8 (another joy one, tinged with nostalgia)
Magical Twilight. (yes, I included hentai in this list)
Rurouni Kenshin. (the first OVA)
Pokemon The First Movie. (pika... :'()

Then there are the TV shows. Far too many to count for me.
Ultraman Tiga (Obiko, and the episode where Garote kills the nurse's fiance)
Ultraman Mebius (the episode Mirai says goodbye, and Ultraman 80's cameo)
Full Metal Alchemist.
Ayakashi & Mononoke (both bakeneko episodes, especially Mononoke's)
Angelic Layer.
Magic Knight Rayearth.
Card Captor Sakura.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (omg the episode when the retired admiral dies had me bawling)
Great Teacher Onizuka. (the live action)
Serial Experiment Lain (fucking depressed the shit out of me)
Vampire Princess Miyu.
Bokurano.
Cowboy Bebop.
Chobits. (the book with the bunny)
Mr. Belvedere. (the episode where the old man dies on the Boardwalk)
Punky Brewster (can't remember the episode)
Children's Toy.
Chrono Crusade. (disliked the show, but wow that ending...)
Rurouni Kenshin. (the show)

And a couple games.
Shining Holy Ark.
GeGeGe no Kitaro GBA. (the ending is kinda sad)
Final Fantasy VI.
Terranigma.
Grandia.
Sakura Wars. (I think it made me cry)
True Love. (yes, I included a hentai game too)

And the only books to ever really make me cry:
The Velveteen Rabbit.
Of Mice And Men.
Tortilla Flat.
The Pearl.

I know there's something I'm missing. Really missing. I have some things on my CDRs that I kept because they made me cry so much. But what also makes it hard for me to list things is some just make me cry because they make me so nostalgic -- it's not the movies or shows themselves, but the memories associated with them. One of my former coworkers told me I should see Amelie, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 05:54:06 AM »
Pokemon?
Pokemon!  ;D

A lot of love and tears for the cartoon, especially the first season. One of my favorite episodes is 48, "Holy Matrimony"
http://pokemonepisode.org/episode-48-holy-matrimony/
The gang finds out that James is actually from some noble rich family and that he escaped home and became an "outlaw" after refusing their will to marry an annoying noble girl. Jessie and Meouth try to push him into getting married so they could use their family's money but quickly find out the girl is such a creepy dominatrix (with a real whip lol) that she even makes Jessie look good.
I think the ending of this episode is the closest ever that Jessie and James get to kissing; Possibly the only sign in the series that there might be something more between them than platonic friendship.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 07:55:17 AM »
+1
Grave of the Fireflies
Begotten

Also the end of the Walking Dead game got me to cry real hard.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »
Pokemon?
Pokemon!  ;D

A lot of love and tears for the cartoon, especially the first season. One of my favorite episodes is 48, "Holy Matrimony"
http://pokemonepisode.org/episode-48-holy-matrimony/
The gang finds out that James is actually from some noble rich family and that he escaped home and became an "outlaw" after refusing their will to marry an annoying noble girl. Jessie and Meouth try to push him into getting married so they could use their family's money but quickly find out the girl is such a creepy dominatrix (with a real whip lol) that she even makes Jessie look good.
I think the ending of this episode is the closest ever that Jessie and James get to kissing; Possibly the only sign in the series that there might be something more between them than platonic friendship.

And Jessie has a tragic background to, one of poverty if I recall. While Meowth learned to talk in the pursuit of an unrequited love. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the original Team Rocket trio are far and away the best characters in the series. Tragicomic villains who aren't evil so much as charmingly flawed and human. Their greatest victims are themselves, but at least they're together in that.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:07:29 AM by Ratty »

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 11:38:20 AM »
And Jessie has a tragic background to, one of poverty if I recall. While Meowth learned to talk in the pursuit of an unrequited love. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the original Team Rocket trio are far and away the best characters in the series. Tragicomic villains who aren't evil so much as charmingly flawed and human. Their greatest victims are themselves, but at least they're together in that.

That's deep, yo. I always teared up at Meowth's back story, especially when those little snot nosed bastard kids ran him away from their oh so precious school baseball field...or whatever. Fuck. I'm just...I'm upset all over again. Oh, Meowth!

I never got into the series enough to learn Jessie & James's backstories, but I remembered a friend remarking that they were brought up in the school of hard knocks.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
Another touching film I now recall was Disney's Flight of the Navigator. Very simplistic in it's story, yet very well written. The scenes where David is stranded 8 years in the future after an UFO abduction is also emotionally driven. Even today I still shed tears watching those scenes.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 09:08:42 PM »
Yup. That was in my list of movies that made me cry. Also one of my all-time favorite quotes.

"Twisted Sister? Who's she?"
"It's a he. Actually it's a they."

And I can never listen to "I Get Around" by the Beach Boys without immediately thinking of the ship's computer 'dancing' and the little gremlin-like alien rocking out.

"Hey Big Al! Oink oink! Too many Twinkies!" :D

That movie was just so good. The climax was great. The denoument was bittersweet and the ending was so sad, but in a good way. Pee-Wee Herman UFO ftw!  ;D
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 11:31:07 PM »
Now that they've mentioned Pokémon...
I cried with "Bye Bye Butterfree" back in the day  :'(
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 12:50:28 AM »
Pokemon....
I cried in some of the Pokemon movies. Like the first one, Lucario and the mystery of mew, and some other movie I cannot remember.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 04:54:36 AM »
Yup. That was in my list of movies that made me cry. Also one of my all-time favorite quotes.

"Twisted Sister? Who's she?"
"It's a he. Actually it's a they."

And I can never listen to "I Get Around" by the Beach Boys without immediately thinking of the ship's computer 'dancing' and the little gremlin-like alien rocking out.

"Hey Big Al! Oink oink! Too many Twinkies!" :D

That movie was just so good. The climax was great. The denoument was bittersweet and the ending was so sad, but in a good way. Pee-Wee Herman UFO ftw!  ;D

I loved "Flight of the Navigator" watched that one a ton as a toddler/young kid. It was sad in spots but don't think it made me cry. I'm now a fan of the Beach Boys and similar music so sometimes I wonder how movies I saw at that age influenced my tastes. My love of gothic imagery might be partly due to "Edward Scissorhands", another great sad nostalgic movie. Maybe my fascination and love of the 30s and 40s growing up was due to seeing "Dick Tracy" so young? Not unthinkable.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:00:27 AM by Ratty »

Tags:

anything