Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ben Affleck To Don The Cowl in Superman V Batman 2015  (Read 9008 times)

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Ben Affleck To Don The Cowl in Superman V Batman 2015
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:01:28 AM »
Oh dear.

Well, this can't possibly be bad - can't be worse than George Clooney donning the cape and utility belt, aye?  :-\

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/22/ben-affleck-is-batman-in-the-2015-supermanbatman-film/
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Re: Ben Affleck To Don The Cowl in Superman V Batman 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:31:39 AM »
I almost went full nerdragegasmic, but then zen kicked in. OMMMMM

Think positive. There's always the next reboot. Ben Affleck might lose his leg before shooting starts or something.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:33:33 AM »
As someone who isn't exactly that much familiar with the hollywood business, may I ask just what's wrong with him if he were to be cast as Batman?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 05:01:28 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with that. The article said that they will have a new definition for the character of Batman. I just hope it would deliver well on screen.
IIRC, Mark Ruffalo has a lot of naysayers when he was casted in The Avengers, but in the end, he was well received.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 05:50:54 AM »
He can't be any worse than Kilmer or Bale's gargling gravel voice. 

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 06:12:47 AM »
Kilmer's acting was actually pretty decent. It's the bat nipples, the neon colors and everything else that ruined Forever. Not Kilmer.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 06:46:05 AM »
At first I laughed and ask "Why god why!?" when I heard the news. Then I settled down and remembered how everyone laughed at the thought of Heath Ledger as The Joker and haters were more or less silenced. Maybe he'll surprise us so im gonna wait and see if Snyder made the right call.

Besides you can't do worse than Clooney.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 06:53:40 AM »
I was waiting for people to make the comparison to Ledger. And I think that is partly what they're counting on. They're replicating bits of what Nolan did, starting with the casting.

To me, at least, it makes no difference. I wouldn't touch Affleck with a ten foot pole.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
Dammit Bale, just do it!  Why doesn't anything ever go as expected on this Versus films? This is a bigger disappointment than when I found out that Kane Hodder was not reprising the mask in that Jason Vs. Freddy flick. Now, even though I liked the film imagined if they got the casting right like what the fans wanted. I am thinking it's going to be the same for the Superman Vs. Batman movie now as well, a good movie that would of been an EPIC movie!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 09:51:29 AM »
This is... weird. It all depends of the costume, how well it hides or adapts the ultra recognizable Affleck chin. Bale was unrecognizable beneath his cowl.

Everything comes full circle

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 09:56:33 AM »
Then I settled down and remembered how everyone laughed at the thought of Heath Ledger as The Joker and haters were more or less silenced

they haven't silenced me yet and my bro is with me on this. The actor Heath Ledger, I don't have a problem with. It's just the way the Joker character was portrayed and how he looked. There was only two real points to where we see the Joker's humor on camera. Other then that he's just a regular psychopathic killer with a knife; Borrrrring! And as for his make-up job, think of a colorized of The Crow and if you can't, then turn down the hue on your TV till the image goes black and white. Then you'll see it. It wasn't nearly as convincing as Tim Berton's interpretation and the Joker's humor was all there too. Christopher Nolan wanted to do his own thing with the Joker character, but I feel he messed up big-time and ruined what could have been a stellar movie. I notice that this trend happens a lot nowadays with many directors wanting to do their own thing, but not paying proper attention on how the rest of the world views it, and that's where they make their mistakes. And don't even get me started on his personal interpretation of Bane. That's NOT Bane.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:59:28 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »
What X said. Ledgejoker is far from the best a live action version Joker could be. And agree on pretty much all about Nolan in general.

Jackjoker was just Jack Nicholson dressed as a clown. But at least he was funny.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »
So when I heard what I thought was a joke/rumor that the guy who couldn't even carry a Daredevil movie 10 years ago might be cast as Batman in the upcoming Superman crossover, my immediate reaction was "Ha, good one." But then

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/squash-those-petitions-why-ben-affleck-batman-good-203602584.html

Oh wait you're serious? Let me laugh even harder!
I can see him as Wayne's rich playboy jackass persona, but I'll be really surprised if he can pull off the brooding angst effectively. Then again they could make it "The Caped Crusader" Batman instead of "The Dark Knight" Batman and go with Affleck's usual goofy screen presence. But if you're going to have a more lighthearted character in your Superman/Batman movie, shouldn't that more obviously be Superman if not both of them?

PS - Of course there is always the possibility he'll blow us all away. Micheal Keaton was known as a comedy actor for movies like "Mr. Mom" (and much more menacingly "Beetlejuice") before he became the Batman for an entire generation. But judging by BA's underwhelming Daredevil I'm not holding my breath on that one.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:53:19 PM by Ratty »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »
+1
You might want to merge this thread, with this one.
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6485.0.html
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:46:51 PM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
You might want to merge this thread, with this one.
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6485.0.html

Wow absolutely, I looked, dunno how I missed that one! Should have used the search function properly instead of scanning. Guess I'm just THAT far behind the loop on this lol. Been a lot of drama around me lately. Thanks for letting me know!

Tags:

anything