Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 30 Days of Night...  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »
...is great.

I just saw it a few hours ago, and felt like pitching the movie to you guys.

Ok that's pretty much everything.  Carry on.

-Jorge-
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:00:28 PM »
I'm prolly going to read the graphic novel first...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 01:22:20 AM »
In Reply To #2

I read it yesterday. I was actually quite disappointed. It was only a 3 issue thing. And the art style of the original graphic novel is almost abstract makin it hard to actually tell whats happening other than the text.

For it to be so "groundbreaking" I wasnt impressed. Its good yes its interesting yes. Its incredibly damn short. That means theres very very little character development and very little point as the entirety of it is only 3 standard length comic books.

Theres side series and tie in stories that run more issues like the Bloodsucker Tales which I found much more entertaining than the actual 30 Days of Night.

I still intend to check out the movie tho no doubt but I can already tell from the trailer its not a whole like the comic.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 11:29:29 PM »
In Reply To #1

Saw it last Saturday, I thought it was really good, the vampires could have been more scary but dis is the best slasher we've had in awhile. The acting was great and I loved the surprise ending.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Hime

• Awards
Re: 30 Days of Night...
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:21:12 AM »
love it! I've been a fan of the series since 04...though I was introduced to it when I found one of the characters in someones sig..so I pmed them about it and referred me to the series. as for the movie...I haven't seen it yet, unfortunately.

Tags: