Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What do you think of Cox-sama?  (Read 27293 times)

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »
I for one don't mind the occasional QTE so long as it's so far and few and is absolutely necessary for the game play and story progression (like RE4).

How can a QTE ever be absolutely necessary though? Any cutscene could simply go on without it, having the hero do whatever silly ostentatious thing they want him to do without player input.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »
The only time QTE was necessary was Dragon's Lair and Sega CD games. Those days are gone. So too should be the days of QTE.

They should make more games like the swordfight in Kirby Super Star. Now that took skill!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2012, 11:51:09 PM »
Carmilla's QTE was one of the most heart-pumping moments in my gaming life. True story.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 08:05:24 AM »
It reminded me of how Kratos pummels his enemies in the GoW games, they had my heart pumping blood too.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 09:19:02 AM »
Carmilla's QTE was one of the most heart-pumping moments in my gaming life. True story.

New to games, are you?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »
Carmilla's QTE? That ridiculously violent thing where Gabriel keeps killing her even after she's dead?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
Fun fact: Gabriel stabs the stake of the CC into Carmilla & snaps it off in her chest.. yet it is still seen attached to the weapon in the next chapter

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
You sound like one of those guys who watches movies carefully, trying to find any scene where a crew member canb e seen reflected in a mirror or window.  :P
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 06:10:39 PM »
Fun fact: Gabriel stabs the stake of the CC into Carmilla & snaps it off in her chest.. yet it is still seen attached to the weapon in the next chapter

And it's still shown to be broken as the indicator for the loading screen at the bottom.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »
Isnt it broken in the upgrades sub menu too?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 06:29:18 PM »
t-then it was broken in the menu before he broke it in-game... hehe

Quote from: TheouAegis
You sound like one of those guys who watches movies carefully, trying to find any scene where a crew member canb e seen reflected in a mirror or window

in Gladiator you can clearly see an engine in the horse chariot in the arena battle scene  ;)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »
I mean, once he breaks the stake off in Carmilla, the upgrades menu shows it broken. Storywise, the stake's broken. In game though, it stays the same for gameplay purposes, since it's part of the finisher for Vampires.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline TreasuryRoom1984

• Awards
Re: What do you think of Cox-sama?
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
I see tons of CV 1,2,3 and 4 in LoS and i think Cox did a great job bringing the feel of the classics into the new age of gaming. I can say this while I don't even particularly like 3D games. Whiney fans need to stop actively disliking and accept the franchise is moving forward.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »
I see tons of CV 1,2,3 and 4 in LoS and i think Cox did a great job bringing the feel of the classics into the new age of gaming. I can say this while I don't even particularly like 3D games. Whiney fans need to stop actively disliking and accept the franchise is moving forward.

I wouldn't say it moving forwards but it is definitely moving in a direction that some fans aren't comfortable with.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
I see tons of CV 1,2,3 and 4 in LoS and i think Cox did a great job bringing the feel of the classics into the new age of gaming. I can say this while I don't even particularly like 3D games.

You where doing kind of ok until this point, but then..

Whiney fans need to stop actively disliking and accept the franchise is moving forward.

..you blew it.

Tags: