Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What other composers should work on Castlevania?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
What other composers should work on Castlevania?
« on: August 14, 2022, 09:59:11 PM »
After hearing his work on TMNT Shredder's Revenge, I'd kinda like Tee Lopes to take a shot at the series. Probably for a throwback Classicvania though, as opposed to a Metroidvania or a 3D title. I'd also like Kinuyo Yamashita and Satoe Terashima to come back and contribute a few tracks for such a game.

And I'm sure Nobuo Uematsu bringing his A-game to an epic, big budget Castlevania would sound phenomenal.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: What other composers should work on Castlevania?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 01:37:40 AM »
I'd love to see Manabu Namiki returns and uses his unique retro sight to do more Classicvania tunes, both remixed track and completely new tune. It's so sad that Konami's "Rebirth" titles didn't continue afterwards, they're really, really good and had lots of awesomely remixed tracks.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 09:59:25 AM »
Masanori Adachi and Taro Kudo from Super Castlevania 4's musical compositions. These guys are the ones' who cranked out 'Room of Close Associates'. I'd be very interested in what else they could do with any future CV music.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 11:01:01 AM »
+1
That depends on which continent we're talking about.

If we're going with Japan, then I can easily see composers from Square-Enix or Capcom taking a stab at it. Case in point for Square, other than the aforementioned Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura can step in herself in a manner similar to how she provided music for Parasite Eve or LIVE-A-ヨVI」 (both the original and its remake). We could also take a stab at any of the main composers from Devil May Cry, considering their blends of atmospheric orchestral music and heavy metal.

For Europe, there's quite a few composers that can work out for this series. Allister Brimble for instance has done such work, especially with his professional work with chiptunes, like with Ghosts 'n Goblins on GBC. On top of that, he also did work with Konami for New International Track & Field on DS. There's also Peter Connelly, who worked on three of the Tomb Raider games, Tim Folin who is in a similar boat as Brimble for his chiptune work, and of course Grant Kirkhope of Banjo-Kazooie fame.

For the US, well the most obvious choices would be Tee Lopes and Jake Kaufman, due to their mixing of genres in their works. Ither than those two, I can see a few film composers involved in the series who can tie into the origins as an homage to the older monster movies that inspired Castlevania in the first place. The first two off the top of my head being Michael Giacchino (Medal of Honor, Jurassic Park, a good amount of Disney and Pixar films), Harry Gregson-Williams (Metal Gear series), and Danny Elfman (most of Tim Burton's works).

Of course let's not forget Chernabogue and the guys from OC Remix.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 02:27:40 PM »
Dance With The Dead

Offline Dongled

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 07:58:58 AM »
My favorite game music composer is Iku Mizutani. I'd absolutely love to hear him try to create some Castlevania music. His sound and style is very specific and I think he could make some incredible tunes. He started off early on actually with Konami working on games like Rush N Attack and Metal Gear MSX so his tone could definitely fit with the Konami sound.

Tags: