Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 64 Vania Fans Only Post, Please  (Read 12995 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 06:12:07 PM »
Outside of SCV4, Simon's Quest, Vampire Killer the original and Chronicles; these games are very much on the right path in being what I like in a CV game. They borrow heavily from the spook factor that the Resident Evil franchise pretty much perfected. The fact that it's making suffers from being made in 3-d gamings infancy doesn't stop the fact that these games have great potential and good creepiness. I would be very happy see them remade along with Simon's Quest and Resurrection if Konami could not come up with an interesting plotline and keep the game dark and frightning. ;Dd

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Amduscias

• Hunter in Tanning 8D !!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Wuhhzaaa
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
The only thing i would add to this is more magic attacks for Carrie, since she comes from a great magic users clan, she could make different moves for every situation

For Reinhardt, well he is ok with his long and short range attacks, i dunno what could be added to him.. maybe item crashes? or something to break the habit
=============================================

Fill this space with some nice message

=============================================

Offline MeSako

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: 64 Vania Fans Only Post, Please
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 08:59:50 AM »
Since there are two different characters, they should be different :)

Reinhardt should be a hardened warrior with whip and item attacks.
Why not have some kind of item mix thing (somewhat like in LoI and HoD).

And for Carrie, lets have her have different elemental attacks, that her family is known for.
Short range fire.
Long range spreading Ice
Homing electricity

And maybe throw in a few more elements..
Charlotte in PoR has a nice collection of magic, why not something like that? (Even though they are not related, as far as I know)

The problem is to make the two balanced enough, so the difficulty is not to one characters favor.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »
The problem is to make the two balanced enough, so the difficulty is not to one characters favor.

I agree with the above. However it's possible to succeed without balancing Carry to Reinhardt or vice-versa considering that they have different paths in the same castle. It would just be a matter of tweaking the levels to suit the abilities of the characters at hand.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: