Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime are you currently watching....  (Read 131245 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: What anime are you currently watching....
« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2019, 02:50:55 AM »
Watching Robotech (Macross). For the first time in my life. And my god, I'm loving nearly every episode of it, even the cheesy ones. I'm surprised I'm actually enjoying it so much.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 03:09:52 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #286 on: April 08, 2019, 03:41:49 AM »
Just finished B Project: Zecchou Emotion.
Also been to their special collaboration cafe last march.  ;D
https://cafe.animate.co.jp/event/bpro-anime1902/foods/
The spare ribs plate is awesome!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2019, 08:54:59 PM »
Watched Baki on Netflix. Season 1 is ridiculous but enjoyable, then season 2 gets even more ridiculous to the point that I don't even care anymore. It's just a mess.

I would be watching the new episode of One Punch Man if I didn't have to wait until the 11th for it. Dammit.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2019, 06:56:39 PM »
I'm watching OPM S2 as well. I wonder what the delay was all about...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #289 on: June 11, 2019, 02:47:34 AM »
I'm watching OPM S2 as well. I wonder what the delay was all about...

Some big tennis tournament was going on, so Japan television decided to cover it instead of airing the OPM episode. Maybe the French Open or something.

For what I am watching, Spirit Hero Wataru, a 1980's mech comedy anime, and the subtitles are absolutely terrible.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2019, 02:57:42 AM »
Tokimeki Tonight, from 1982, which I stumbled upon. About a vampire guy marrying a werewolf woman, and their kids seem normal, well sort of.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2019, 12:18:58 AM »
Did Haunted Junction, felt like a shorter version of Ghost Sweeper Mikami, though not quite as good, still had some good humor to it though.

Now doing the original Japanese Samurai Pizza Cats, and my goodness, what a difference from the dubbed version. I thought it was also only 12 episodes, nope 54. There is a dubbed version, but it ends at 51, 3 episodes short.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2019, 09:24:52 AM »
With all the old anime out there I'd like to see them re-dubbed to today's standards; Proper English dialogue to the original Japanese scripts, no edited/deleted scenes, and complete episode lists. The original Transformers had five seasons compared to what we got which was three. Talk about cheated out :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: November 24, 2019, 03:19:15 AM »
Well, Sailor Moon has had all 5 seasons redubbed, something far more accurate than the original, and the original never got to season 5.

Fan subs can sometimes be absolute garbage, ala Mitsume ga Tooru, which had some of the worst English subs I've ever laid eyes on, though it was English subbed by Russians. Same with Spirit Hero Wataru, the movies are subbed fine, the anime, oy vey. You'll want to tear hair out by how bad it too is subbed.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #294 on: November 24, 2019, 10:25:04 AM »
Well, Sailor Moon has had all 5 seasons redubbed, something far more accurate than the original, and the original never got to season 5.

Yeah this is a change in pace. I've gotten my hands on all three movies and I'm just waiting till they have the entire series in a collector's box set.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2020, 02:37:56 PM »
Why is Cautious Hero so good and will I ever be able to get over my obsession with writing fanfics about it?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2020, 03:05:21 AM »
Show by Rock!! Mashumairesh!!

Cute~♥

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »
Have Sakigake!! Otokojuku queued up, but haven't started it just yet due to finally playing an English subbed Ganbare Goemon 3 for Super Famicom.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2020, 02:08:17 PM »
Happy Birthday Junko Iwao!

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2020, 04:19:54 PM »
Kengan Ashura. The danger of death by testosterone is very real.

Tags: