Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania Season  (Read 32123 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2021, 07:14:55 PM »
France, eh?  I wonder if they’ll make any nods to the fact Rondo’s intro was in German.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2021, 12:37:50 AM »
Hmmm... interesting... I'll be waiting for more info and not get my hopes up.

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: New Castlevania Season
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2021, 09:47:38 AM »
Looks like Adi Shankar's suing the production company, which is probably why he literally never talked about seasons 3 and 4. This may or may not be true, though.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/castlevania-adi-shankar-sues-excluded-netflix-spin-off-1234999490/

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2021, 06:09:46 AM »
Feels like Castlevania is cursed some days.  I appreciated Adi’s enthusiasm for the game.

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2021, 08:10:59 AM »
Feels like Castlevania is cursed some days.  I appreciated Adi’s enthusiasm for the game.

Between allegations and lawsuits with the show and absence of the main games/gachas being killed and brought back, it certainly seems that way. Adi's interviews back in the day were a joy to read, but sadly aged badly.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2021, 12:38:41 AM »
(if someone doesn't think Shaft's name is dumb, that is)

His name IS dumb, but it still leads to cool situations like the phrase "Nothing tickled a girl's fancy quite like a Shaft with two balls" appearing as the very first line in a SOTN fanfic about Shaft's ghost using his elemental orb thingies to possess Maria.

Between allegations and lawsuits with the show and absence of the main games/gachas being killed and brought back, it certainly seems that way. Adi's interviews back in the day were a joy to read, but sadly aged badly.

Sounds like it's time for another Pachislot game.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 12:40:29 AM by Super Waffle »

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2021, 02:57:32 AM »
Or skateboards.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2021, 06:44:48 AM »
https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/castlevania-the-art-of-the-animated-series-arrives-august-31st/

Oo, artbook coming out soon.  I hope we get names for a lot of the monsters shown.  It would be fun if they had a full blown Bestiary.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 06:54:37 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2021, 05:59:04 PM »
I’m indifferent towards the artbook. I own every single officially licensed Konami CV artbook, so I will have to wait & see. I’m sure most of the images will be scanned in high quality on the internet once it’s released.

I didn’t bother collecting the action figures because I think the sculpts are trash, although Dracula looked passable so I might consider tracking that down. Otherwise, the thousands of Castlevania memorabilia I own, including a lock of Koji Igarashi’s hair, the Japanese CV1 board game, the Lament of Innocence limited edition, 3 Simon’s Quest wristwatches, the Lords of Shadow promotional package only given to event journalists, 10 sealed SotN handhelds, almost all of the phonecards (many people prolly have no idea what those even are), etc. etc. etc., has all been sealed away in storage. It’s kinda poetic if you think about it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 06:04:49 PM by crisis »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2021, 10:36:15 PM »
Good god man!

Got enough memorabilia?  :o
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2021, 06:10:26 PM »
Nagumo is going to inherit all of my collectibles once my time comes, but that won’t be for a while from now. Maybe 100 years, maybe less, who knows

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2022, 07:51:53 PM »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: