Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Unity Discussion  (Read 3584 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:07:24 AM »
I've come aware that unity is being used more often, is there someone that has used unity on this board?
I want to learn some things for this engine since it seems easy to use, primarily something Akumajou related.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 07:38:54 PM »
Oh, I am making this in Unity btw. Programming in javascript. I was following a tutorial on youtbe to set it up but I can't find it anymore!

I fixed the extreme sliding since uploading this video btw. For some reason cranking the max ground helped.

I'd reccomend stop using Java. Now.

The best programming language to start with in Unity is C#. Java is not good for games, as it eats up many resources. That was one of Minecraft's big mistakes.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 07:50:11 PM »
I've wanted to learn Unity for some time, too. You could also ask uzo about this sort of thing, he knows a lot about gam developing.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »
Ive tried to get into Unity 2-3 times now and I just dont like it. Its just TOO much. Its overkill for anything Im likely to ever do. I really like gamemaker it fits me quite well. I wish I could find somethin just like but wasnt shit at 3d

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 06:36:24 AM »
I'd reccomend stop using Java. Now.

The best programming language to start with in Unity is C#. Java is not good for games, as it eats up many resources. That was one of Minecraft's big mistakes.

JavaScript =/= Java (the only thing they have in common is a part of their name), but yes Minecraft was programmed in Java.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 06:38:09 AM »
I've come aware that unity is being used more often, is there someone that has used unity on this board?
I want to learn some things for this engine since it seems easy to use, primarily something Akumajou related.

Unity can be great, there are a ton of tutorials and or example projects to be found in their own boards and asset store. Youtube also has a great offering of tutorial videos.

Tags:

anything