Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 985075 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1410 on: May 26, 2015, 11:38:34 PM »
I really hope Armature does the port justice. I think it's likely we'll reach the goal, it's been a very, very long time since a Nintendo console has had a serious Castlevania title. This is the closest thing we will probably ever get to one now, and most likely the last as well... :(

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1411 on: May 26, 2015, 11:52:57 PM »
Considering Armature is all a bunch of ex-Retro Studios (a 1st party Nintendo developer) I'm sure the port is in good hands. That being said, I'm still picking it up for PS4.

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1412 on: May 27, 2015, 02:20:03 AM »
I'm really curious about the stretch goal after Wii U. The glimpse of the logo looks to me to suggest something multiplayer related. Would be awesome if we got a Harmony of Despair type mode or something.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1413 on: May 27, 2015, 02:26:11 AM »
Speedrun or Boss Rush w/ multiplayer? The hourglass makes me curious.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1414 on: May 27, 2015, 02:34:39 AM »
Could there be legal issues there?

Starting a viral campaign here is one thing, but I don't think they want the word "Castlevania" anywhere near the game itself.

We are just requesting for a Dungeon Forum clan name without the Castlevania. Or maybe Dungeonites. C.V.D.F. would be nice too. But we aren't expecting anything to be implemented.

I'm really curious about the stretch goal after Wii U. The glimpse of the logo looks to me to suggest something multiplayer related. Would be awesome if we got a Harmony of Despair type mode or something.

The thing that popped into my head was VS mode.

What do you guys think IGA will be cosplaying if the 45 achievements are reached?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1415 on: May 27, 2015, 03:47:20 AM »
Armature did that Batman Arkham Blackgate game on 3DS and Vita. It was not so hot unfortunately but I'm not gonna judge them because of it. It seems pretty likely that one of the stretch goals may very well be a 3DS version (not so sure about Vita, but who knows?). Though that could very well be closer to a 4 million dollars stretch goal, and I'm unsure if we'll get there at this rate. I'm happy with what we've got already so it doesn't really matter tbh.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1416 on: May 27, 2015, 04:37:06 AM »
+2
What do you guys think IGA will be cosplaying if the 45 achievements are reached?

Looking forward to IGA's Miriam cosplay.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1417 on: May 27, 2015, 06:30:36 AM »
Welcome BalancedHydra!

lol Polygon.

They are about as reliable as a fat person who told you they saved you the last slice of pizza.

At least you would have pizza in that case...

konami explicitly said that from now on theyre gonna persue mobile gaming & thats where the future of the company lies. we mite see some castlevania-themed games such as "encore of the night" & pachislots but i assure yuo theyre completely ignoring iga's new endeavors

Source?

Anyone hazard a guess at what exactly the stretch goal after Wii U is? Multiplayer...something.

I think it will be a Multiplayer Time Attack, DoS and OoE had something similar didn't it?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1418 on: May 27, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »
I tweeted to them about it, if people want to retweet or add-on.

https://twitter.com/tasteslikesin/status/602970490785943552

Could there be legal issues there?

Starting a viral campaign here is one thing, but I don't think they want the word "Castlevania" anywhere near the game itself.

That is why in the tweet, I said "Dungeon Clan" and omitted the Castlevania portion.

I think it's a reasonable request, given the Youtube Partner Clans inclusion. Like I stated, this was one of the two places this game was teased at first, so it would be more than appropriate. (could have a "Chapel Clan" too....though most Chapelites post here also)

They'll only do it if we show there's a large enough desire from this community, though...I would wager.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1419 on: May 27, 2015, 06:57:58 AM »

I think it will be a Multiplayer Time Attack, DoS and OoE had something similar didn't it?

Exactly what I was suspecting.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1420 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:25 AM »
I'll be backing the $60 version next wednesday, can't wait to dig into the exclusive backer content and of course the beta.
goes without saying if the game is the next SoTN, buying it on multiple platforms will be a given.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1421 on: May 27, 2015, 08:23:53 AM »
+1
Speedrun or Boss Rush w/ multiplayer? The hourglass makes me curious.
maybe it's a pause function. i'm sure harmony of despair would have had one in single player mode if only they had a little more budget.

at this point, i hope we don't get anything major for each new stretch goal.  i'm hoping the game is actually profitable so we can get another one. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:11:21 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1422 on: May 27, 2015, 01:32:46 PM »
maybe it's a pause function. i'm sure harmony of despair would have had one in single player mode if only they had a little more budget.

at this point, i hope we don't get anything major for each new stretch goal.  i'm hoping the game is actually profitable so we can get another one.

I doubt that a single player experience focused game would not feature a pause mode from the get go.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1423 on: May 27, 2015, 02:57:44 PM »
Yep thats IGAS biggest castle is funded yeha very good so now Wii U next will reach ohh come on guys its 16 days left. Ohh this kickstater its a HUGE sucsess and very exiting.

To be honest I will have a physical copy for sure but I dont now I will go for Wii U or PC etc.. I will make a decision. I like Castlevania games best on NDS but on bigger screens is always better. Is

By the way soory if posted but NEW IGA interiew here: http://shmuplations.com/bloodstained/

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1424 on: May 27, 2015, 05:27:43 PM »
I posted that a little earlier, friend :) Still, it is a good interview :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: