Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Nerd reviews the Super Mario Bros film  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
The Nerd reviews the Super Mario Bros film
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:28:37 AM »
Hell yeah!

http://cinemassacre.com/2013/05/28/super-mario-bros-1993-movie-review/

Maybe I'm alone here, but I actually liked that movie. Watched it as a kid and thought it was pretty cool.
Sure, it had nothing to do with the game but HEY! It's not like the original Super Mario had a story anyway. It was about a funny guy jumping on turtles and eating mushrooms. So the whole part about the dystopian world where people evolved from dinosaurs governed by a tyrant named Koopa was cool as hell.
You have to remember the 80's and 90's were the golden age of Science Fiction Cinema. Blade Runner, Star Wars, Dune, Tron, Dark City, Matrix, you had it all. And Super Mario Bros was Sci-Fi as well; A very cheesy 90's children's sci-fi. But everything about the 90's was cheesy anyway. The devolution guns were awesome, and the dinosaurs too. Hell, that movie was great.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: The Nerd reviews the Super Mario Bros film
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:35:07 AM »
I saw it in theaters. I'll have to check this out when I have more time though.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: The Nerd reviews the Super Mario Bros film
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »
You left out the most important aspect of the movie:

Dennis Hopper + Bob Hoskins + John Leguizamo + Lance Henriksen + Samantha Mathis + Fiona Shaw

Epic casting.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: