Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056685 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1320 on: December 06, 2014, 04:27:56 AM »
So I realized I may have gotten the knee part of the boots a little too big and tried reducing it a little. Did I screw up the lighting on that part?

Also, do I need to up the contrast a little more or is that good enough?

EDIT: Equalized the lighting a little.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:57:36 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
  • Chillin' at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1321 on: December 06, 2014, 12:04:35 PM »
Links seem broken. I cant see anything. Maybe its just me? :(
On a side note, does anyone have rips of Nathan Graves expanded moveset lying around?
(Tonfas, bare handed, claws, pistol, etc) I'm working on something and it'd save me a great deal of time if'n you've got em.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1322 on: December 06, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
So I realized I may have gotten the knee part of the boots a little too big and tried reducing it a little. Did I screw up the lighting on that part?

Also, do I need to up the contrast a little more or is that good enough?

EDIT: Equalized the lighting a little.

Looks good! I would use solid colors for the vest rather than that checked pattern you've got going, but that's because I'm thinking of what might happen if one goes full-spritesheet (that mesh will do funky things when set up in an animation sprite).

Nice to see some love for the N64 characters. :D

Working on the Morris that isn't a total disappointment.John Morris got da booty, confirmed.
Terrific! Now I don't have to work on this. ;)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:39:39 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1323 on: December 06, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »
Links seem broken. I cant see anything. Maybe its just me? :(
Is postimage blocked on your end for some reason?

Looks good! I would use solid colors for the vest rather than that checked pattern you've got going, but that's because I'm thinking of what might happen if one goes full-spritesheet (that mesh will do funky things when set up in an animation sprite).
Well, not doing what I did there would probably break the illusion that it's not using skin colors (15 + transparency color limit and all), and like I said, I'm a stickler for details. :V
That said, thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:32:18 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1324 on: December 06, 2014, 04:58:43 PM »
+1
Re-sprited two of the CV legends bosses a while back.

Plan to take up the mantle and sprite again soon, lol.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1325 on: December 07, 2014, 03:09:38 AM »
Nice! Those are pretty kick-ass and they fit the style pretty damn well.

In a completely unrelated note I've been working on recreating Firebrand from Demon's Crest in GameMaker.
I'm also adding some new abilities to him to improve the game play that currently mostly only exists in my head... like crouching.

EDIT:
Also,in case anyone wants it I'm including an attachment of the sprite rip I did of him. It doesn't include any of the projectiles and whatnot, but his actual sprites are complete including some that were missing from the only other sheet I was able to find on line.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:18:03 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1326 on: December 07, 2014, 11:24:12 AM »
thats awesome. Ive thought about doin a remake of Quest cause thats my fav one. Its never got farther than the "oh man thatd be so awesome" stage tho. Much like my Rygar one... lol

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1327 on: December 07, 2014, 11:47:03 AM »
Nice! Those are pretty kick-ass and they fit the style pretty damn well.

In a completely unrelated note I've been working on recreating Firebrand from Demon's Crest in GameMaker.
I'm also adding some new abilities to him to improve the game play that currently mostly only exists in my head... like crouching.

you remind me my old works that i made for all the Gargoyles XD
(click to show/hide)

I think yours move better.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1328 on: December 07, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »
Re-sprited two of the CV legends bosses a while back.

Plan to take up the mantle and sprite again soon, lol.

Wow, these are very good.

The best part, sprited from the Gameboy titles.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1329 on: December 08, 2014, 03:27:26 AM »
thats awesome. Ive thought about doin a remake of Quest cause thats my fav one. Its never got farther than the "oh man thatd be so awesome" stage tho. Much like my Rygar one... lol

you remind me my old works that i made for all the Gargoyles XD
(click to show/hide)

I think yours move better.

Thanks, guys!
Yeah, this all started when I was thinking about how I'd go about remaking both Quest games in the style of Crest.
I even wrote up some mini-design documents and a longer one just about how I'd expand the different forms from Crest.
It always bugged me that you never get to use the completed Fire Crest and the Heaven Crest as their own things.
"Stuff and things."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1330 on: December 08, 2014, 05:25:52 AM »
Arikado sprites in SotN format made a long time ago for my personal '99 project (which also started a long time ago, but in text only). Arikado will be a playable character if one day I ever release a fangame of my own. He's one of four playable characters (Julius, Lenora Belnades, Arikado and Timothy DaNasty), each having active role in the storyline, which is told in "chapters" where the protagonism is switched among these four characters. No, you do not control them all at the same time, you only control one in his own chapter, and each chapter interwines with the others. And: DaNasty is an enemy, not a friend. So yes, you get to control a foe too. I can speak more about it in a new thread if someone is curious.

To the left, original Arikado and Alucard sprites. To the right, Arikado in "Arikado mode" and "Alucard mode". He would have two gameplay modes, where he switches between his true power, and his repressed power, through a story-driven gimmick. Yes, the aesthetic change would be mostly only his hair, but there is a reason for that: I find it simply ridiculous that Alucard's armor "appears" when he needs to enter his vampiric powers. Thus, the hair is the only change, as the power supressor he uses also makes his hair short and black, and when removed, returns his hair to it's platinum color and length. "Alucard" is playable in a business suit, but with flowy, white hair, but his gameplay changes drastically. Also, there is a price to pay to enter "Alucard" mode, though :P

I have such an ungodly amount of work to do in other things, that this project might never lift ground  :(

And yes, I felt like posting about it exactly because the creator of Tears of Pain did. I felt motivated to share with you, but my ideas are much different than his, so no, I'm not ripping anyone off (and God knows how much I try to evade looking like this).

Also, one thing I noticed: When I had internet at home, this goddamned thread was a wasteland. Now that I'm having difficulties, you dudes post the most awesome things everyday. C'mon, not fair :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:39:06 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1331 on: December 08, 2014, 05:44:47 AM »

Also, one thing I noticed: When I had internet at home, this goddamned thread was a wasteland. Now that I'm having difficulties, you dudes post the most awesome things everyday. C'mon, not fair :P

Quoted for truth  :rollseyes:

Again, beautiful work on the sprite,man.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1332 on: December 08, 2014, 05:49:41 AM »
Arikado sprites in SotN format made a long time ago for my personal '99 project (which also started a long time ago, but in text only). Arikado will be a playable character if one day I ever release a fangame of my own. He's one of four playable characters (Julius, Lenora Belnades, Arikado and Timothy DaNasty), each having active role in the storyline, which is told in "chapters" where the protagonism is switched among these four characters. No, you do not control them all at the same time, you only control one in his own chapter, and each chapter interwines with the others. And: DaNasty is an enemy, not a friend. So yes, you get to control a foe too. I can speak more about it in a new thread if someone is curious.

To the left, original Arikado and Alucard sprites. To the right, Arikado in "Arikado mode" and "Alucard mode". He would have two gameplay modes, where he switches between his true power, and his repressed power, through a story-driven gimmick. Yes, the aesthetic change would be mostly only his hair, but there is a reason for that: I find it simply ridiculous that Alucard's armor "appears" when he needs to enter his vampiric powers. Thus, the hair is the only change, as the power supressor he uses also makes his hair short and black, and when removed, returns his hair to it's platinum color and length. "Alucard" is playable in a business suit, but with flowy, white hair, but his gameplay changes drastically. Also, there is a price to pay to enter "Alucard" mode, though :P

I have such an ungodly amount of work to do in other things, that this project might never lift ground  :(

And yes, I felt like posting about it exactly because the creator of Tears of Pain did. I felt motivated to share with you, but my ideas are much different than his, so no, I'm not ripping anyone off (and God knows how much I try to evade looking like this).

I just had a similar idea about switching Alucard from his suit to standard modes...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1333 on: December 08, 2014, 06:12:53 AM »
I just had a similar idea about switching Alucard from his suit to standard modes...

Ok uuh, I just saw it and I must say I'm kinda surprised and SWEAR TO GOD I hadn't seen it. Just so ya know, I can't sprite this so fast and claim the idea as my own in such a short time lol, but the idea to post about it DID came from Tears of Pain, considering there is an Alucard screenshot there. That specific screenshot is what made me post this specific sprite.

Donoffrio is witness and can attest that this sprite and concept exists before you typed it up.

Maybe a demonstration that great minds think alike????
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:14:27 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1334 on: December 08, 2014, 06:30:42 AM »
Maybe you should post that on CVBla, plot. I know rasgar's been sheeting Arikado, that might be of some use to him one way or another.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.