Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Universal Studios has a Silent Hill themed attraction  (Read 1942 times)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Universal Studios has a Silent Hill themed attraction
« on: September 25, 2012, 10:09:31 PM »
Apparently Universal Studios in Orlando and Hollywood does a Halloween attraction every year called Halloween Horror Nights.  This year they've made it with a Silent Hill theme.  Pretty sweet if you're a SH fan.  I just checked out some photos and it's hard to say if it's worth making the trip there, but it certainly has potential.  Some of the costumes have fantastic attention to detail, like the bubble-headed nurses.  But then some props look like the low-quality imitation that a high schooler would put on his front stoop on Halloween.  Robbie the Rabbit is probably the most poor-looking of the props I've seen.

Anyway, there seems to be a few SH fans here, based on the responses in the recent SH thread.  What do ya'll think?

Links:
http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/silent-hill.html
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3154251/silent-hill-maze-confirmed-for-halloween-horror-nights-video-and-concept-art/
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/09/inside-silent-hill-at-halloween-horror-nights-2012-where-nasty-nurses-lurk-amidst-rusty-reality-at-universal-orlando/

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Universal Studios has a Silent Hill themed attraction
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:41:46 AM »
I don't have the money to go there, but it better have the bloody Pyramid Head.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty jelly that I can't make it down and experience this. It seems super cool.

When the last SH film was released in Japan one of the maid cafe's there switched to a SH theme so instead of cute maids you had zombie nurses and SH themes foods like Red Pyramid curry (if I remember correctly Red Pyramid was the original JP name for Pyramid Head). I think it's cool when themed stuff like this pops up and can be experienced by fans and the general public.

Now if we could only get Universal to do a CV theme one year...they already have the monster outfits.  :P

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:29 AM »
Yeap, I was really psyched about it, too. But I can't go either as it turns out. At least not when I was planning to. Who knows I might still make it yet depending on if I get my car up and running before the end of HHN22.
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
A couple of years ago I went to the one in Orlando. At the time it was Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Dead Silence, Texas Chainsaw, and some others. It can tell you from experience, if you are fan of horror movies, or haunted house attactions, etc. then you should surely go! It's top of the line stuff! The only sucky part is that you can't take pics in the houses because they are AMAZING!!!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything