Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does anyone here go to the Inverted Dungeon forums?  (Read 42902 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Does anyone here go to the Inverted Dungeon forums?
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »
Ah hell, what did I miss?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2011, 10:54:10 PM »
A huge load of spank, from what I gathered.

Or maybe...THE PIC.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2011, 11:01:15 PM »
Did something just happen?

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2011, 12:01:48 AM »
This is what happens when you work a lot and things go smooth, till you go to work. Then all hell breaks loose. :(

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2011, 12:22:04 AM »
Story of my life, bloodreign-sama. ;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2011, 05:09:44 AM »
I go away for awhile, and holy bleeping bleepity bleep, I just missed a crapstorm. Dang it, why do they only drop the DRAMA BOMB when I'm not around? :(
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2011, 06:31:47 AM »
Your mom's place. B)
Greatness is earned. Legends never die.

...Also what did I miss.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:36:58 AM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »
You may as well be a newbie since nothing of significance has happened here since 2007 (or even for years before that).

Booo hoo hoo you make me feel like back in the army  :'(
Everybody is always like "Fuck this platoon, when I got in the platoon it was DA BOMB everyone would have given their lives 4 the platoon, look at it now, nobody gives a crap about anything anymore, the morale is in da shitter, the platoon commander is a tool and all the sergeants are f**king informers."   :P

But yeah, I guess this forum was kinda in a zombie-state for the last 5 or so years (which is the period I've been around)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2011, 07:45:50 AM »
I go away for awhile, and holy bleeping bleepity bleep, I just missed a crapstorm. Dang it, why do they only drop the DRAMA BOMB when I'm not around? :(
Drama, indeed.  It doesn't matter if you've been here a decade or a month.  You're still a geek posting comments on a videogame messageboard.  We're all the same as far as that goes.  I do find it amusing that this old ICVD elitism hasn't died out in all these years.  Back in the day it was "Waaa, we've been here three years and you haven't."  Now it's, "Waaa, you've only been here four years.  Get lost."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »
It doesn't matter if you've been here a decade or a month.  You're still a geek posting comments on a videogame messageboard.  We're all the same as far as that goes.

Well said. I just found these jaded members amusing since there's been nothing to talk about here lately with all these generic what's yo fav topics flooding the forum. I highly doubt I'll be here 10 years from now anyway...

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »
Hey...if nothing else, it stirred up some quality entertainment for a short period of time, and increased activity.

People from ICVD aren't really as elitist as we make it out to sound. We just don't give a shit enough to baby anybody regardless of how long they have or haven't been on here or any other affiliated forum. We're just the black sheep cousins of the community - those assholes who only show up once or twice a year, stir up some shit for giggles, and then go back to where we came from and leave the place confused and probably angry yet somehow thinking a good time was still had in some small degree.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2011, 11:07:16 AM »
If you think about it, this is all SUPER WAFFLE'S fault.

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2011, 12:34:06 PM »
It's not the length of time that matters. There are ICVD members that have been around half the time of me. I could be here for one day and still be cooler than most everyone here. We're all video game geeks, but not all geeks are created equal. The fact that ICVD members have been together for over 10 years is because we're all funny enough, clever enough, with interesting enough personalities to keep ourselves entertained and still wanting to talk to each other even after all these years. If you can't see yourself here after 10 years, then that's not a very positive reflection of this board. You're all talking about how it's been dull and inactive here, so clearly you're incapable of doing anything about it yourselves because you lack the wit and creativity to just come up with something stupid and fun.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
Well you guys haven't liked Castlevania since the mid-90s, right? When there's new CV news that's announced/leaked, discussion tends to pick up with a lot more interesting topics. Unfortunately the morale has been down since Konami didn't release anything for the 25th Anniversary (amongst other things), but things change. The oldbies might say "this place/Castlevania has sucked since 2000," but I think it's alright.

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2011, 01:09:04 PM »
That's such a dry and soulless approach to message board social interaction. Most people on ICVD still love Castlevania, but, yes, it's more so for the older games. But even if we were all still crazy about the recent releases, we still have more entertaining things to do than to just discuss news that's been leaked. We talk about games and game news when it's fun to do so, but that kind of stuff isn't what makes a community or friendships or something that you'll remember. Back when this board was on ezboard, I'd talk about Castlevania a ton and followed the breaking news on Circle of the Moon and junk like that, but I don't remember a single one of those discussions. Everything that has stuck in memory has been some wacky, hilarious shit that happened in Off Topic.

Tags: