Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (depressing title)  (Read 2720 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:44:02 AM »
We got back to school, and a gave my girlfriend my late Christmas present to her, and she gave me mine. It was a Deathly Hallows necklace that spins, and she's a huge book nut. She seemed disappointed with the present (and she gave me a big bag of snickers. :I). She hadn't really been talking to me for the rest of the week. She texted me out of nowhere in the middle of the night, I'm guessing in hopes I was asleep. She said she wanted to break up with me because she's lesbian. (keep in mind, she's 12, and I'm 13 as of December 28) I have no idea how I would've screwed up anything whatsoever, and all her friends said it was out of nowhere.
Here's how the entire convo went:
(click to show/hide)

Did I handle the situation well?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 01:00:48 AM »
I think you handled the situation well. After all she broke up with you in the first place.
12-13 year olds need the time to discover who they really are.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 03:19:03 AM »
Yeah, I'm with Shiroi. Puppy love can be a cute thing, but folks your age can be fickle, too, so don't take this too hard. Nothing you could have done, that girl was just finding herself. Take it as an opportunity to work on yourself and really think about whether or not a relationship's good for you at the moment :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 06:35:32 AM »
My how the times have changed. I'm not even sure I knew much about anyone else's sexuality at 13.

Don't worry, trust us when we say you have your whole life ahead of you.

Good on you for being this thoughtful and considerate re: someone else at the age of 13, you should be proud.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 12:00:16 AM »
I think she's a little young to know which side of the fence she's on yet. She may be in the experimenting phase, give her a few years, then she'll be sure. I didn't know anyone that age who knew whether they were heterosexual or homosexual, by the time they reached 18 or 19, then they knew (I knew a few people in my years, none at that age came out and said anything about it to anyone, but then again my childhood was in a different time, and it wasn't as acceptable almost 30 years ago. But by the time we all reached 20 they were sure what they wanted). At 13, it's too early to be worried about things like that. She thinks she's pretty sure, but at that age, I doubt it, probably just a phase. Now if she were 18 or 19 years old, I'd say it's a safe bet that's the choice she wants in life.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:04:10 AM by Bloodreign »

Tags:

anything