Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: in DXC, who is he?  (Read 2782 times)

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: April 13, 2019, 08:33:23 PM »
in DXC, who is he? in stage 3, release from the thirst for blood, he appears, maybe a topic had already been done about this, but I had not noticed, and I wanted to ask  ;)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 05:40:02 AM »
this topic has indeed been discussed before. Many of us believe that it is Dracula keeping an eye on Richter

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 09:21:06 AM »
+1
I got a good look at that in the original rondo game. The pixels put together indicate a banner holder with a torn piece of cloth blowing in the wind. In the DXC it was made into a person watching Richter from a distance but it wasn't like that in the original game.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:36:29 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 11:02:43 AM »
IGA discussed that on a DXC development interview. He said he believes that is his evilness Dracula himself. Minakata further added that this detail is one of many "faithfully recreated" from the original version, probably meaning that this was intended to be a humanoid silhouette all along (though I'd agree with X here and say that there were better ways to convey a person). Minakata WAS involved with Dracula X back in the day, after all.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:18:28 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 12:18:16 AM »
oooh ok thanks for the info guys, the truth that I was very curious jajajja lol, castlevania has always had many curiosities and details and things intertwined, so for this that is the best and good saga for us, I guess or most of us ;D ;)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »
No prob  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: