Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV figures out!?  (Read 37406 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 08:30:31 AM »
I just lost my auction for my Closed Mouth Drac on ebay :(

But I did just buy Alucard and Simon off Amazon, so hopefully I get them next week. I'm just a little annoyed I can't find the closed mouth Drac anywhere other than one time on Ebay. I guess with most stores you don't really get a choice, but I don't like the open mouthed one so I'm not taking that chance just yet.

Also, anyone find out what the other Simon figure the Neca guys were talking about?? They said later on they could go back and do a CV2 or SCV 4 Simon so I'm guessing the secret one they have now is Chronicles. Anyone know anything about it??
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Dongled

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 09:42:37 PM »
In Reply To #46

hmm, i asked about this previously and nobody had an answer..they said we'll be able to "hunt them down" in stores in that interview a while back, but..honestly..these are NOT in stores!!!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2007, 02:11:00 AM »
In Reply To #46

Chronicles variant? Wouldn't that basically be a brand new figure altogether? I can see CV2 Simon and SCV4 Simon, as both look similar to original CV1 Simon. But Chronicles Simon, way different.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: CV figures out!?
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »
Correctly if I am wrong, but when has Simon never turned invisible in a CV game?

If not, maybe this variant represents that invinciblity potion or something.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2007, 02:39:11 PM »
It's the invincibility.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2007, 03:02:20 PM »
Man, thats totally Lame. They made it seem like it was such a special figure and it's that?

Well, on the plus side it saves me moneys
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »
In Reply To #52

I don't really care for clear plastic figures either.  I'm not sure what the fascination is.  If they had put out some other Simon variant, though, I would have been much more inclined to pick it up and the open-mouthed Dracula variant to go with it.  Instead of buying six figures, I'll most likely just buy the standard four, counting closed-mouth Dracula as the "standard," that is.  Does anyone happen to know what the case ratios are for the Dracula variants?

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2007, 03:47:23 PM »
In Reply To #54

Interchangeable head sculpts for Drac would have been perfect.  If it was a simple matter of production costs, I'd have gladly done without the bat accessory.

Offline Danial

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »
the Draculas are supposed to be equally packed per case

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2007, 05:04:42 PM »
Clear Simon?

um
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Danial

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2007, 09:44:14 AM »
The clear Simon is pretty normal for a variant.  There isn't much else they could have done to the figure without changing it's mold in some way which would add more money to the cost.  It also makes sense because that is pretty much what Simon does when he grabs the invincibility jar, which the figure also comes with.  There's also a reason they made this figure rare.  They knew not everyone would want it.

Personally, I thought they might do something like this, and I like it.  It makes sense toy wise and Castlevania wise.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2007, 12:25:49 PM »
In Reply To #59

Somehow, I don't think the cost of alternate paints outweighs the cost of alternate plastic.  Using a Simon's Quest or Super Castlevania 4 color scheme to paint the variant would have pleased many fans, even if the sculpts didn't differ between the standard and variant versions of Simon.  NECA could have produced such a variant in higher quantities and still expect to sell them because demand would be that much higher.  As it stands now, only the small number of completionists in the market will be interested in buying the "Invisible" Simon variant.  Less figures sold means less money for NECA.

Offline Danial

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »
All of the figures in this set were designed from the art of their respective games.  If you look at the art for Simon's Quest, CV4, and Chronicles NECA would have to make new parts for the figure to be accurate.  Which is always more expensive than molding something clear.  I would be very disappointed in them if they simply tried to repaint Simon without adding the necessary parts.

Also, in Lee's Toy Review #180, NECA has stated that if the line sells well they would like to make Simon in his CV2 and CV4 armor.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »
In Reply To #61

You might be disappointed, but you're likely in the minority.  I think many more fans would be much more excited for a CV2/SCV4 repaint of Simon even if it didn't feature any game-appropriate sculpt changes.  NECA could have released something like that for the first assortment and still have done a "proper" CV2 and/or SCV4 Simon in a future assortment.

Tags: