Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Circle of the Moon: Chronicles?  (Read 16774 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« on: November 13, 2007, 05:29:23 PM »
Does anyone else think that CotM was a great game, and it should not have been taken out of the official timeline? I think the storyline around it had a lot of potential and it deserves some sort of "Chronicles" treatment, like that of DXC and Castlevania Chronicles. Maybe a 2.5D remake of it would be nice (for PSP maybe?), also including a brand new prequel (which would also be a sequel to SotN) and/or a sequel? Maybe it could have the original 2D game too? What do you think. Does Castlevania: Circle of the Moon deserve this kind of treatment?
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Circle of the Moon: Chronicles?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
CotM was a great game, but its backstory directly conflicted with SotN, but who cares.

Maybe later on something like that would be alright, but that game isn't that old at all. And it's not really rare or Japanese exclusive. Interesting idea, though.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:07:48 PM »
Does Castlevania: Circle of the Moon deserve this kind of treatment?

Not in my opinion. Or, at least not compared to a good number of other games in the series, such as Simon's Quest, Dracula's Curse, or the Gameboy games.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:10:51 PM »
Circle of the Moon's not a bad game, but it's definitely not Chronicles worthy. If anything is (and it is most likely to be the next Chronicles game) it's Dracula's Curse.

Besides, it'd be great if they'd Chronicle it cause then they could throw in Curse of Darkness along with it. It'd be a sweet package
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Stigma Black

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »
Circle won't get the Chronicles treatment. It's not even canon anymore. IGA would probably laugh at the idea.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 07:11:02 PM »
In Reply To #5

It won't, but once I got used to it, it was one of my favorite Castleroid style games. I think if they DID remake it for some reason, it'd beat out a lot of the existing games.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 08:40:39 PM »
I'd much rather see Castlevania Adventure & Belmont's Revenge as the next Chronicles title. And then after that the n64 games.

After all that's accomplished, then I'd welcome CotM Chronicles.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:38:45 PM »
My first thought on this is that it's far too new, but then...it took six years to get the second Chronicles game, so perhaps in 2013 CotM won't be so new anymore.  Still, we need a Chronicles version of Vampire Killer and Haunted Castle first.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 07:51:53 AM »
In Reply To #7

O_O "Chronicles 64!" Man, that would be AWESOME! If I knew IGA didn't hate those games so much, I'd start a writing campaign to Konami about it!  :P

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 12:20:42 PM »
My first thought on this is that it's far too new, but then...it took six years to get the second Chronicles game, so perhaps in 2013 CotM won't be so new anymore.

VampireHunterM

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »
The thing to remember is Circle of the Moon and both N64 titles (which are great by the way, don't care what anyone says..) were developed by Konami's Kobe division. Iga really had nothing to do with them. All great titles, but don't fit in with his timeline. A good "chronicles" idea would be the 16 bit titles.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:19:56 PM by VampireHunterM »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 04:28:27 PM »
In Reply To #11

AahHaa! Now I see why Iga took them out of the official timeline...he didn't make them...yeah. But yeah, I see now...THAT'S why Circle is...what it is...

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 05:53:34 PM »
He didn't make any of the games before he joined either. He only removed the stuff that was slapped in without regards to any other game while he already estabilished his timeline.

Offline soulreaver

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 06:47:38 PM »
That would be good since that was one of my favorites.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »
Unless IGA remakes them HIS way, which would mean a revamped story and a different placing in the timeline(so they wouldn't conflict with other games), none of the retconned games will EVER be remade on IGA's watch. And, even if he DID(and it's the way I described above), original fans would be pissed. I can be sure IGA would remove some characters, maybe get rid of Nathan altogether(and put someone like Richter into the game).

Tags: