Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Circle of the Moon: Chronicles?  (Read 16776 times)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 10:20:26 PM »
CotM was a great game, but its backstory directly conflicted with SotN, but who cares.

Maybe later on something like that would be alright, but that game isn't that old at all. And it's not really rare or Japanese exclusive. Interesting idea, though.

Yeah I never understood why they made it take place in 1830 and why you don't at least run into a belmont in dracula's castle? It was a dumb decision on Konami's part and unfortunately a great game had to be retconned.  :(
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Circle of the Moon: Chronicles?
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 10:36:43 AM »
As far as I am aware it is infact not THE castlevania but Carmillas castle?

Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 10:38:03 AM »
As far as I am aware it is infact not THE castlevania but Carmillas castle?

It is? that's interesting I need to research that more.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 11:04:15 AM »
Well it does say it was an old castle in Austria. Carmilla's castle was located in Austria.

Castlevania always resided in Romania until 1999 when it was sealed in the eclipse. After that it probably appears in more less 18 year periods whenever a specific solar eclipse occurs (1999-the final battle, 2017-soma's birth, 2035-aos).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:57:48 PM by Serio »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »
I can be sure IGA would remove some characters, maybe get rid of Nathan altogether(and put someone like Richter into the game).

Yeah, that would SUCK, not that I dont like Richter but Nathan is one of my favorite heros.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »
^ yeah Richter's been in too much stuff personally I'd like a game with an  updated looking Soleiyu or Christopher Belmont or just a remake of the classic gameboy games those characters came from.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 07:05:24 PM »
In Reply To #21

Yeah, people have been mentioning that a lot at the mention of the "chronicles" mini-series. Personally, I'd like to see that, considering I've never had a chance to play the GB titles and it seems like Christoper and his son with the funny name were sort of...ignored and under appreciated, but he's one of the few Belmont's to meet Drac twice.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 07:45:17 PM »
I said it for a while, but I'd KILL of a Chronicles title that combined both CV Adventure and Belmont's Revenge into one game. Have it play out as two acts. After you defeat Dracula in Adventure, little interlude and cutscenes explaining about the time that passed, as well as scenes of Soleiyu's inheriting ceremony. Then, Act II begins, which takes over that which happens in Belmont's Revenge.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »
In Reply To #21

Yeah, people have been mentioning that a lot at the mention of the "chronicles" mini-series. Personally, I'd like to see that, considering I've never had a chance to play the GB titles and it seems like Christoper and his son with the funny name were sort of...ignored and under appreciated, but he's one of the few Belmont's to meet Drac twice.

Yeah theyr'e pretty rare now, legends is hard to find too, I picked them up at an electronics store that's now a gamestop back in the late 90's.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 11:00:46 AM »
In Reply To #24

Hey, do you know if Legends, CA, and CA2 BR, will work on Gamecube with that Gameboy player? Because I might get them eventually, and I never had an old school GB, and I no longer have GB color, GBA, or GBA SP (funny story about that, I was playing classic NES Castlevania on GBA and I couldn't beat death so I got annoyed and threw the GBA SP against the wall and the screen broke. LOL!!!!), so the only way I can play GB games are with DS (which only plays GBA, not GB games, cause they won't fit.), or GB player. So, in short, does GB Player on Gamecube play old-style GB games like legends?

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 04:56:03 PM »
In Reply To #24

Hey, do you know if Legends, CA, and CA2 BR, will work on Gamecube with that Gameboy player? Because I might get them eventually, and I never had an old school GB, and I no longer have GB color, GBA, or GBA SP (funny story about that, I was playing classic NES Castlevania on GBA and I couldn't beat death so I got annoyed and threw the GBA SP against the wall and the screen broke. LOL!!!!), so the only way I can play GB games are with DS (which only plays GBA, not GB games, cause they won't fit.), or GB player. So, in short, does GB Player on Gamecube play old-style GB games like legends?

Yup it plays um, the player is hard to find now though. And I hear ya about the death fight, it took me 6 months to pass him the first time I got to him. What's funny is that after putting in so much time to beat death drac only took me like 3 tries.  :)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 06:17:22 PM »
In Reply To #26

Same here with Drac, and I already have the player, so all I'd have to worry about is the games.

Quasar

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 10:10:48 PM »
I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about CotM  8)

But that being said, no, the game doesn't need to be remade. It's already perfect. Remakes should be reserved for games that are aged and have some game design issues that can be addressed to make them better. CotM, as-is, is one of my favorite games of all time period, across all series and genres.

As for its prequel, I have always thought that it should be made into a game. I in fact began designing such a game on paper. The result turned into my fanfic, Crescent Moon Concerto, which is still a work in a progress.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 11:27:32 PM »
In Reply To #26

Same here with Drac, and I already have the player, so all I'd have to worry about is the games.

Cool,  yeah you might be able to find them at a gamestop. That'd be the only place I can think of offhand that would sell gameboy games that are that old.

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 02:33:21 AM »
They need to remake:

Castlevania 2
Castlevania 3
And ESPECIALLY both Game Boy games (Adventure and Revenge). I want remixed music god dammit, and they better not fuck it up with industrial 300bpm techno shit or something. Give it to Yamane or Yuzo Koshiro.

Everything else is *FINE*. If they screw with it anymore it'll hurt the series more than help it. Richter's story is very definitely done. Simon and Trevor could use a bit more polishing. Christopher needs a lot of tender loving care.

Technically, they didn't even really need to remake Rondo if it weren't for the unfortunate fact that the game never made it outside Japan, and Castlevania's bread and butter market is here in the US.

- John
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:45:55 AM by Kensuke »

Tags:

anything