Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The music....  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
The music....
« on: November 22, 2007, 01:52:10 AM »
Alright. So the Sonia thread got out of control...

However, it got me to go back and play some of the GB games, and one thing I've noticed is that even though Adventure has a lot of flaws, the music is phenomenal. Why hasn't Konami remixed much of this stuff? "Battle of the Holy" and "Revenge" are totally underrated tracks. For awhile there I though the music in Bloodlines was also going to fall by the wayside, but that's kinda been fixed a bit in LoR.

I mean, I like "Bloody Tears" and "Vampire Killer", but there's just so much more classic tunage that can be brought back. Especially if it was on less advanced sound systems before.

Am I alone in this?

- John

Steve

Re: The music....
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 02:04:18 AM »
Belmont's Revenge in particular had some great tracks.  "Praying Hands" and "Original Sin" are my favorites, and they'd really benefit from modern arrangements.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 06:47:14 AM »
yeah Belmonts Revenge had some songs Id love to hear again. Very strong soundtrack.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »
Alright. So the Sonia thread got out of control...

However, it got me to go back and play some of the GB games, and one thing I've noticed is that even though Adventure has a lot of flaws, the music is phenomenal. Why hasn't Konami remixed much of this stuff? "Battle of the Holy" and "Revenge" are totally underrated tracks. For awhile there I though the music in Bloodlines was also going to fall by the wayside, but that's kinda been fixed a bit in LoR.

I mean, I like "Bloody Tears" and "Vampire Killer", but there's just so much more classic tunage that can be brought back. Especially if it was on less advanced sound systems before.

Am I alone in this?

- John

Yeah I love Battle of The Holy it's one of my all time fav. castlevania pieces, a remix/remake of it would be awesome.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: The music....
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
McVaffe over at OCRemix did a pretty cool remix of "Revenge". It kinda goes to hell in the middle, but the beginning and ending are awesome. Especially starting at 2:20.

http://djpretzel.web.aplus.net/songs/Castlevania_Adventure_Tempest_Mix_OC_ReMix.mp3

I think Jorge did some MIDI remixes...but yeah....not nearly enough love for this music....

I just discovered Geoffery Gunn, and that kid is pretty talented. His remix of Iron Blue Intention is even better than official Konami (apostasy?).

- John

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 04:14:23 AM »
In Reply To #1

I'm with you all the way. Castlevania adventures and belmonts revenge have some really cool music that i would like to hear it again!!

Also Jorge has made some arrange track's from those two games at MP3 format. You can download them and some more of his work here:http://www.inverteddungeon.com/treasury/remix.html
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything