Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How about some other classic vampires?  (Read 7624 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: How about some other classic vampires?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 11:27:34 AM »
In Reply To #15

I'm actually writing a novel right now involving vampires.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »
Wow. I posted a legitimately serious thread, and one of the first suggestions is Count Chocula. Only 4 replies out of two pages worth actually contributed to the idea. That's the only part of this entire thread that made me laugh.

Anyway, I'd love to check out that novel when you're done, CVfan13. Could you give us some insight into what this novel is about? I myself am preparing to write a vampire novel, as a matter of fact.

Offline Mathias Hyperion

• Vampire Hunter
  • Wanderer in time and space
    • The Forgotten Library
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 10:03:12 AM »
In Reply To #17

Heh. I agree. Not a terribly serious response.

Someone I think suggested somewhere a game between LOI and Legends/CV3, with Mathias and/or the Belmonts versus other vampires. Mathias vs Orlok for the title of Dark Lord would be good.

Incidentally, I'm not exactly writing a vampire novel, but I am doing a plot summary etc. for a story set in the 17th century with an ancestor of Abraham van Helsing versus Dracula. But I'll probably never write it, I'm quite good at "creative writing" but never have the patience unless motivated by a coursework deadline or somesuch.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:05:57 AM by Mathias Hyperion »
"These are dark times. Times without hope." - Zobek

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
In Reply To #17

Yeah, that is pretty when you think about it.

And about my novel, I can't say that much, because it isn't a stand-alone book, its part of a much bigger series I'm planning to write, but still this book isn't a direct sequel to anything. Actually the way my series is set up, its like Castlevania, where it takes place over a long period of time, with a few small areas that are a series in itself, but everything can come together in a chronological order. Anyway, The series is set on a distance planet called Ardescopia, which is just like our Earth, except it's set in what was our medieval times, but every fantasy creature you could think of, and several more, exists there. So I guess I just saw it fit to start with this book, which happens to be one involving vampires. Anyway, I'll reviel more later, perhaps in the off-topic section in a new thread.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Tags:

anything